Chapter 10

2nd Person POV

You sat in the garden reading a book on magic and how it differs between monsters and humans, Chara had decided to stay in bed as his headache hadn't let up. Yours however was only to a dull ache that was barely noticeable and you looked on as Cross played with Lux, after breakfast Cross had told you that Lux was his daughter. "y/n, Lux I'm going to see if I find Outer to get you both some snacks," Cross said as he started for the door and patted your head as he left, you nodded softly in response. Lux sat next to you on the bench looking over the radiant garden that shone with many colors, although you preferred the much softer glow of the royal gardens back at your own palace. "So do you like the garden?" Lux asked looking at you, you nodded "I like it. It's certainly quite the combination of plants and flowers, but a little too bright for my enjoyment. It suits the castle though." Lux gave you an odd look at your response, "What do you mean by that?" Lux asked confused. "I meant that everything is extremely bright compared to the garden back home. It's darker in the Moon Empire so seeing how bright it is here is...odd to say the least," you explained to her the best you could. "Oh I think I get it, you just aren't used to the really bright colors right?" you gave Lux a nod before returning to your book.

Dream's POV(didn't expect that did ya?)

I watched from a window as Lux and y/n talked, their interaction reminded me a lot of how I and Nightmare used to talk when we were young. Despite y/n being adopted I could sense a hidden power inside, I had no idea how strong this power is but I could tell it was dangerous. "Dream, I know exactly what you are thinking," Nightmare's voice rang from behind me, I turned to face him and he stood in the doorway of the conference hall. "I don't believe I know what you are talking about brother," I responded, and he glared at me from where he stood. "Don't brother me. I only allow you to call yourself y/n's uncle because she is but a mere child, you are not my brother by any means," Nightmare said harshly taking a few steps forward. "Now broth-" I started, "I told you I am NOT your brother! You have harmed my beloved not to mention you seem to have broken mother's rule," Nightmare said as he stepped closer. "Mother is long gone now, not to mention you have done the same besides it's not like I asked to have a child," I retorted, sadly it was true I didn't want to have Lux but I still loved her. "Don't drag me into this, my kingdom has no such rule. Not to mention because of you Cross has to live with an even bigger crack in his soul, and he can barely stand to hear your name, in fear you'll hurt him again. As for Lux, if she hadn't been raised in this godforsaken empire Cross would have raised her himself," Nightmare said before turning his back on me and walking out. I looked back out at Lux and y/n, but now Cross had joined them with a plate.

2nd POV

You didn't like Lux, you could stand her at most but did not like her in the least. Lux kept bugging you, couldn't she see you didn't want to be bothered. Your father wanted you to read this book on magic because he believed that you may have some, but Lux wanted you to play some game hide and seek you believed you weren't paying her much mind.

Lux's POV

I didn't like y/n at all, she was so dull and she practically ignored me. Dad said it was because she was studying magic and probably wanted to focus, but as the day went on she finally got up from her little bench. "What's wrong princess?" Dad asked her as she tugged on his cape, "I finished my book and I wanted to go check on Chara to see if he's okay," she responded quietly. Dad nodded and took her hand and told me he would be back, while I waited in the garden for Dad to come Mom came. "Sweetheart what are you doing out here alone?" he asked. "Dad went with y/n to check on Chara, but Mom I don't like y/n she never wants to play," I whined slightly, Mom chuckled in response. "You don't have to like her and she doesn't have to like you, but as royalty and the leaders of our land we must put up with a lot of people we don't like. We must set an example my own brother doesn't like me but to keep the peace between our lands he still comes to visit and I visit him on occasion," Mom explained and it made me feel a little better.

Cross's POV

I was happy to get out of the garden, it wasn't that I didn't want to be with Lux but I could feel the tension between her and y/n. I watched from the doorway as y/n and Chara talked, he was doing a lot better after a good night's rest but was still slightly dizzy. "So this is where you ran off to?" Nightmare's voice called, y/n and Chara quickly looked his way. "Father?" y/n voice rang, and the entire room went silent. Nightmare had a look of udder shock, and pride this was the first time y/n had called Nightmare her father. "I-i'm sorry," y/n panicked slightly at Nightmare's silence but he just patted her head and smiled warmly. "I'm happy you called me father, now come on let's get you another book yeah? Seems you already finished that one," Nightmare said warmly as he lifted y/n from her seat and started to walk out.

y/n may be a new addition to the castle but I could feel that one day her personality and kind heart could lead the Moon Empire to be one of the greatest kingdoms to stand.