Chapter 1

Kyungsoo POV

"Ah! This is so frustrating!" I sighed and leaned back in my chair.

"Still no answer?" Baekhyun asked from behind me, looking at the computer screen.

"Not a single one."

"I'm sure they will contact you soon."

"I've applied to every company I can think of. It's already over deadline so I don't think they will..."

Baek put his hands on my shoulders and slowly massaged them.

"Just wait." He said. "Come on, let's cheer up! Dinner is on me tonight." He slowly started walking out of the room.

"I'm going to my locker, let's meet by the gate." Baekhyun said by the door.

"Okay." I nodded as I started to gather my things. I put my books in my backpack and closed it before putting one of the straps over my right shoulder. I was just about to turn off the computer screen when the mailbox icon blinked and a beep sound filled the room. I clicked on the icon and a big smile spread on my lips when I read the content.

"Dear Mr. Do.

We have received your application and would like you to come in for an interview on Monday morning."

I stood up so fast that it made the chair I sat on fall to the ground when I ran out of the room, happy.

I reached the main gate to the school where Baekhyun was waiting for me.

"What happened? Why do you look so happy all of a sudden?" He asked when he saw me running, smiling.

"I got an interview!"

—————

"Congratulations!" Baek announced as he clinked our beer cans together.

"Why celebrate when we don't even know if I'll get the job? It's just an interview." I said.

"Yah," He hit my shoulder lightly. "don't be so negative. You'll get the job, don't worry and drink up."

I looked at him and smiled as he drank the whole beer in now sweep. We ended up drinking instead of eating. Geez. I thought. Luckily for me, we were already at his house or else I would have had to carry him home.

I looked at him as he wiggled and I helped him to his bed before he fell asleep. I cleaned the table and took the trash with me as I walked out of his apartment and put it in the trashcan.

I knew the way from Baek's like the inside of my palm. From kindergarten and up til now we had always been put in the same schools, even though there was a little age gap between us, so I was often at his place and did homework, slept over and got to enjoy his mothers homemade food. She really enjoyed having me there and I always felt welcome. It was like my second home. She always said that I was like her own son, Baek acted childish about it but I knew that he also liked it so we had been best friends and brothers for as long as I can remember.

"I'm home." I said as I took off my shoes in my 'real' home. Well, it wasn't really my own home. I haven't had my own home for a long time.

"Welcome home sweetie. How was school?"

"Hi grandma. Same as always." I said and sat down beside her on the couch. She put her arm around me and kissed my forehead.

She wasn't my grandmother though, not biologically anyway because she was already gone as well as my parents, since long ago. So I've lived with our neighbor grandma and her youngest daughter since then so I practically see them as my family.

"And what about your applications?" She asked and stroke my back.

"Ah, I totally forgot. I got an interview!" I said.

She smiled and happily clapped her hands.

"See? What did I tell you?" She said, stroking my chin.

"Sun Ji-ah, did you hear? Kyungsoo got an interview."

Her youngest daughter, Sun Ji came out of the kitchen, wearing her blue apron and her hair in a ponytail.

"You see, everything went alright." She smiled.

I nodded. I felt warm inside because they always supported and believed in me, in whatever I did.

"Come and eat. When is the interview?" She waved for me to follow her to the kitchen.

"Monday morning." I said and sat down at the kitchen table.

She nodded and put a plate in front of me.

"Where is it?"

"Taeyang group." I took a bite of the food. As delicious as always.

"Take a bath and go to bed." She put down a glass of water for me.

"I'll give you a ride on Monday."

"It's okay, you don't have to. I can take my bike." I said and scooped a spoonful in my mouth.

"I know but I want to." She responded and pinched my cheek, then gave me a kiss on the head.

"I'll go and help mom to bed, clean up when you are done."

She left the kitchen.

I ate up and cleaned my plate and then took a bath to relax. When I was finished I dried my hair, put on my pj's and went to bed.

As I laid in bed I started to think about things to say and responses to questions they might ask on the interview but soon my eyelids got heavy and I fell asleep.

—————