Chapter 5: Dinner gone wrong?

Jongin POV

I wanted to see if it was true but before anything else happened I heard footsteps and turned my head to the hallway only to see a shocked Taemin looking at us.

"Hi." He said.

Kyungsoo took a few steps away from me and lowered his head. I looked at Taemin. I was surprised to see him here. It had been a few weeks since we last met because of work.

"I'm sorry for coming unannounced like this. I didn't know that you had company." He smiled and his curious eyes fell upon Kyungsoo's face.

"No problem, we are just having dinner." I said, not actually knowing how to handle this situation. "Long time no see, want some beer?" Before he could answer I took out three glasses from the cabinet and grabbed three cans of beer from the fridge. As I poured, Kyungsoo stood still, just staring at the glasses. I could only speculate of what kind of thoughts ran through his mind. I felt bad but I didn't know what to do. How did I introduce him to Taemin, what did I introduced him as? My friend? Was that what he was? It was all so confusing.

Taemin sighed. "Kai, stop. You are making your guest uncomfortable." I stopped pouring as my eyes found Kyungsoo's face. That was the last thing that I wanted.

He looked at Taemin and then me before waving his hands in the air.

"No no. I don't mind." He said but his eyes said the opposite in my opinion.

I knew Taemin too well and just a second later he turned around to leave. He had a good sense about people and this kind of awkward situations.

"Don't go! Please stay." Both of us were surprised to hear those words leave Kyungsoo's mouth.

Taemin and I exchanged a look then he nodded at Kyungsoo who had a small smile on his lips. I couldn't tell if it was sincere or fake.

"Ehm..." Kyungsoo started and his eyes turned to Taemin. "If you guys want to talk I can bring the food to the living room. There is enough for all of us."

I could see that Taemin was about to protest but I cut in. It would be better if we didn't disturb him.

"That's a great idéa. We'll set the table in the living room. Take all the time you need." I said as I gave Taemin his glass, took my and dragged him with me but not before I could see Kyungsoo's shoulders sink heavily before I left the kitchen. If I had made him upset I would apologize to him later.

I turned to Taemin who was looking at me with cold eyes.

"Why did you do that?"

"What?" Taemin raised an eyebrow.

"He is totally gonna misunderstand."

I was kind of taken back. I don't think I've ever seen Taemin this honest and...kind of passionate? What was the matter with him all of a sudden? I think I looked like a question mark because I was lightly hit on the head.

"He is totally into you." He smiled.

I laughed out loud. The little smile on Taemin's face disappeared.

"He is not gay, T. He has a girlfriend."

Taemin looked at me with a serious expression.

"Well, it doesn't seem to stop you, since you have already fallen for him."

I was about to protest and say something like 'You're crazy' but when his words reached me I started to wonder if they actually were true. Had I already fallen for him? Although I knew that he wasn't into guys at all? But even though that might be true I could not deny the butterflies in my stomach and the tension in the air when I was with him. I started to wonder if he felt it too.