CHAPTER 4: GETTING TO KNOW

Kyungsoo POV

Even though I was still having weird and uncertain feelings about this whole thing, over the later weeks as I got to know both Chanyeol and Jongin better that weird feeling slowly disappeared but even though, there was something that still left me thinking at night but I couldn't put my finger on what it was. At work Chanyeol paid much attention to me and took care of me as a hyung should, he claimed and I got more and more comfortable around him. Since I delivered to Jongin's apartment every afternoon we kind of got closer that way. At some point I learned to leave Jongin's deliveries to last because he would regularly tell me to stay for a while and in some weird way I felt that I couldn't say no. Even though we weren't as close as me and Baek but maybe we were slowly getting there. And in some way it made me wonder what he saw in me, I mean I was practically a stranger to him. He knew nothing about me, I could be a murderer (not that I could ever be. I could never hurt or harm any other human being or any being at all.) and yet he didn't hesitate to invite me to his home, which I later learned was really his own. When I first heard that he was the heir to a rich family I immediately wanted to run away and never go back because I was afraid that if we were seen together he would get in trouble but he assured me that it would never happen. I had my doubts but he convinced me not to worry about it. Later, we shared most of our stories with each other and I learned that he was an only child like me, the heir to his fathers company and also the male model for the company which kind of didn't surprise me at all, with that look of his, he could do anything. He was also curious about me but I wasn't sure about how much I should tell him so I only told him the basics. That I lost my parents when I was young, what school I went to and so on. When I told him about my parents I could see the sadness in his eyes. Although I didn't know him well enough yet, I could tell that ever though he was a little immature, stubborn and cocky sometimes, he had a big heart. We spent some afternoons only talking and hanging out and I felt that we could be really good friends if this kept going. It made me both happy and excited but also very nervous and a little insecure. I hadn't really gotten used to being around him yet. He could sometimes really surprise me with his relaxed way of talking to me and acting in my presence.

—————

It was the week before my graduation and I was finally done with all my exams and other tasks so I could feel relaxed when going to work in the afternoon. Today there were quite a lot of things to deliver so it was a little heavy and on top of that the rain was pouring down but I still had to make the deliveries. I tightened my raincoat around my body and kept going.

"No one has died of a little rain." I said to myself as I was walking around in the puddles. When I finally finished my round I was standing in front of Jongin's apartment building. The last delivery before I could rest a little. I sneezed. I pressed the doorbell and waited. Suddenly my vision started to get a little blurry. I was feeling so tired all of a sudden.

I shook my head. "Just one more."

The door opened but I could barely see Jongin's face before feeling myself falling and all went dark.

—————

Jongin POV

"I don't wanna do this anymore."

"Young master, this is important. You have to learn this if you ever want to take over your fathers company in the future." My teacher explained, again for the billionth time. His voice was the most annoying voice I've ever heard.

"Who said I even wanted to take over his company?"

"Speak up, young master. I can't hear you when you are mumbling."

I sighed out loud and put my head against the bookshelf.

"Can't you just send me to a real school?" What was the point of being homeschooled anyway? It was so boring. No one to play or even talk to, well except my teacher but he was no fun. I really wanted to go to a public school where I could make friends, join clubs and tease the girls. Ever since I was younger I've never got the chance to experience any of that. I was all alone, except for my older cousin, but we didn't really get along that well.