Unexpexted Boy

"I'm off for my date" I yell to my roommate as I exit my dorm.

"Have fun, tell me everything about him when you get back" she yells to me.

"I will" I go walk through the hall and go down the stairwell out of the dormitories. I see a lot of people are going out tonight, either on dates or to hang out with friends on a warm Friday evening.

I go to this school because it seemed like a fun place to go to. I didn't really want to go to school for anything specific, so I thought why not go somewhere I could have fun while I'm here. My parents had always been strict and tough about me getting good grades while I was in high school so I didn't have a great high-school career. But now they can't say anything and I'm gonna have a fun time here no matter what because it's my last chance.

I have a date with a guy I met on tinder, so I have no idea what he is really like but when we were texting each other he seemed like a really cool guy. He asked if we wanted to meet up at this really cool and EXPENSIVE restaurant that isn't far from the dorms. I wanted to get to know him and I thought if he could afford to take me there it could be a big bonus.

I made sure I dressed up nice because he seemed like a real high-class guy from the way his profile was set up and his photos made him look like a real important guy. So I want to impress him I guess with how I can dress myself up as well.

I was surprised we had actually matched and I had never even thought a guy like that would look at my profile and actually be interested. I couldn't even believe it when I saw the notification come up on the screen to say that we had matched, I mean I swiped because I was wishing but then there it was.

I wonder what kind of guy he is like when we see each other in person.

I walk up to the door of the restaurant and get escorted to a seat that is in the middle of the room. He isn't here yet so I check my phone. Sure enough, I see I have a text from him saying he will be a few minutes late and that he's sorry. I text him back saying that it's all fine and he shouldn't rush himself.

I sit here waiting to look at everything around me. I see that this place is really fancy and it seems to be a really nice place to eat at. The place is full and it seems that I got here in time to get a table because soon I see that they have to tell other people that they are full. There are a lot of couples in here and they look like they are in love and I think I even hear a lady crying in the back of the room because she just got engaged.

This must be a really popular spot, and I can't believe I'm here and I'm on a date with a really cute guy.

Ten Minutes Later......

I have been sitting here for ten minutes already and I am starting to get bored. The waiter has come up multiple times asking if I want to order but I keep having to tell him that I will wait for him to get here.

"Miss, but we would like to seat other diners if you do not order soon" he insists.

"I know but he will be here soon" I convince him. He walks off into the kitchen and for a moment I'm scared he is getting the manager but he doesn't come back to my table. I have eaten all of the breadsticks off of the table and now sit there with nothing to do.

I check my phone for any more messages and see that there are none. I text him.

Are you on your way?

No reply. Great, well maybe he got held up somewhere I mean he looked like he was a busy person and when we had our text conversations he seemed to be busy but he still liked having a conversation with me.

I start to notice the other couples around me have started to notice me sitting there all alone without ordering anything. I smile at them and try to get them to stop looking at me but all they do is start to laugh at me.