Soulmates??

Writing Prompt from writing.prompt.s on Instagram

"Have you guys heard about this new app that has been getting a lot of attention on the news lately?" Juvia asks as she jumps over the back of the couch. She squeezes herself in between Erza and me and sits.

"Yeah, it seems silly. I mean, it can predict when you'll meet your soulmate." Erza laughs.

"It could be fun to at least check it out," I say, just wanting to see what this app is all about. "What do you think Levy?" I ask the short-haired bluenette sitting across the room with her phone plugged in and texting her boyfriend. Even though this is supposed to be a girl's sleepover.

"I mean it could be fun, but it's pointless for me since I'm already with Gajeel" she laughs.

"Thanks for rubbing it in our faces again. "Everyone groans.

"What, I'm the only one here who's in a relationship. "she brags.

"Let's just get it and have some fun" Erza announces.

Everyone pulls out their phone and downloads the app. Then we gather into a circle with our phones all in the center of the circle. The app then asks us to enter some of our data such as names, gender, age, and such. We all enter the information in and then they all start to calculate at the same time.

When they finish we all take turns announcing how long until we meet our soulmate.

"Mine says it's invalid" Levy laughs.

"Erza, your turn." I turn to her and wait for her response.

"I will meet him when I turn twenty-three, so in two years!"

"Congrats, soon enough but still a couple of years." Juvia laughs at her.

"Well, how long does yours say Lucy?" They all look at me. I look down at my phone and stare at the numbers on the screen.

500...

I will be 500 when I meet my soulmate.

What? How could this be? This has got to be a fake, I mean I couldn't possibly live until I am 500 years old.

"Lucy, can we see?" Juvia asks.

"Oh yeah, I guess I'm gonna get married old" I show them the screen and they all start to laugh.

"Yeah, real old. I guess Lucy's a vampire now." Erza yells.

"Or an immortal being" Levy chimes in. I begin to laugh with them, as I conclude that this app is probably a fake and it can't predict when I will meet my soulmate.

"I just never told you guys but I'm a vampire and I suck people's blood when you're not around." We all laugh until our stomach aches from the constant laughing. We catch a breather and hang out for the rest of the night.

3 years later...

"I'm getting married" Erza announces.

"Wow, Erza. The second one in the group to be getting married" I congratulate.

"Yeah, I guess we only need to get Lucy a boyfriend now and get Gray to propose so that Juvia can get married. Then all of us will be happily married" Levy laughs.

I walk away from the group and grab a drink from the bar. Erza told us she had some big news to announce so she wanted to hang out here tonight in this bar. I guess it's a better way to spend a Friday night than hanging out all alone in my apartment.

It's been annoying being the only one without a boyfriend. I have always been the one left behind when they go out on dates with each other. It's either be left alone at home or be the third wheel in every situation. I usually chose to spend the night alone instead. I was shocked when Erza invited me and said that it would just be us girls, I guess she had to specify that it would be a girl's night because I wouldn't have come any other way.