Immortality

Idea from writing.prompt.s on Instagram 

This place is huge, I can't that a king would ever need this big of a palace. I am still trying to learn the layout of this place, and I've gotten in trouble a couple of times for not being where I need to be on time. The king also likes to eat a lot so I'm needed in the throne room a lot.

I am the King's official taste tester. I have one of the most dangerous jobs in the whole place. I mean I'm the person who has to eat the food first to see if it is poisoned. It's scary to think about but it's was even scarier when I learned that this king has many enemies who would want to kill him since he is a tyrant kind of ruler.

I wouldn't chose to have this job but I was forced to and brought to this kingdom when he invaded ours. I used to be a part of the Star kingdom but now it is no longer. I now live in the Red kingdom with his highness being in control of basically everything I do. He is never kind about all that I do for him either. Everyone says that I am one of the first lines in defense to making sure that no one is able to sneakily try and kill him.

Luckily no one has tried to kill the king yet, but I have a feeling it is going to come someday and I'll be lying on the floor. No one will care about me but they will be freaking out about the king having been threatened. I can't say I would be completely distraught if I were to die due to the fact then I would be free from his grasp and no longer would be fearing for my life every single time I took a bite.

I'm looking for the throne room again since I had been called to help a maid with some of the cleaning since I was not allowed to hear the conversation going on in the throne room. So now I was having troubling finding it. I have only been working here for a couple of months and I can't seem to get the layout of this place. I guess that just gives a clue to how big this place really is.

I turn the corner and I run into someone. I'm about to fall to the ground when I feel an arm wrap around my waist and pull me back up.

"I'm sorry about that. I wasn't paying attention to where I was going." I look up and see a guy with pink hair looking at me with a smirk.

"That's alright. In fact your the girl I have been looking for" he chuckles.

"You were looking for me?" I ask confused, this guy that I have never seen has been looking for me. It must be something for the king or else why would he be looking for me.

"Yeah, I wanted to ask you to meet me tonight in the courtyard." he asks.

"Why would you want to meet me?" I ask him confused.

"Just say you'll meet me there tonight at nine" he demanded with a hard stare at me.

I look down at the ground and think of my answer.

"Fine" I say as I look and see that he has disappeared. I wanted to ask him what his name was but he's gone. He was so mysterious and he seemed to have a plan up his sleeve. I said I would go but what have I just agreed to but I have just joined something I don't know If I am ready for.

Anyways I can't think about that now, I need to find the throne room before I get punished for being late again. I run through the halls asking help from the other servants to find the room.

-----------------------------------------

"Are you sure she is the one?" a raven-haired man asks beside me.

"Yeah, I mean there's not many of us out there. In fact at this time there should only be two of us. I'm one of them, and I'm sure she is the other one."

"Alright, I just still can't believe that it's true that immortal beings really exist. I mean my mom always told me the stories about the immortal ones but to actually meet one is different. Then for the other one to right near here as well." he laughs.