Hanging with the Girls

Zoey’s POV

I didn’t stay in my room and pout the rest of the day. I mean I could have but I didn’t. I managed to drag myself out of bed to catch up with the girls for their spa day.

It was a pretty good day…I mean minus the whole waking up next to Brian, which if I think of it wasn’t really all that bad. I’m sure if we had sex, it was nice. I just wish I could remember. And of course the whole marriage thing. We still had that to deal with.

“Remind me to thank Matt for scheduling this for us,” Gena’s voice pulled me from my thoughts as we laid out on the massage tables.

“This is the life,” I said relaxed as I felt the tension being kneaded from my shoulders.

“You have one amazing husband,” Lacey agreed as she rested on one of the reclining chairs after her massage was completed.

“He is pretty awesome,” Val agreed chuckling. “But let’s be honest, he only set this up so they could golf all day.”

“It’s so worth it though,” Lacey replied.

“So what are the official plans for tonight? I mean are we going to celebrate in style or what?” Leana asked.

“I was thinking Martoranos,” Gena suggested “Or Crave for dinner. Something kinda fancy where we can get all dressed up and pretty.”

“Fuck you, bitch,” Leana blurted “I’m always pretty.”

We all laughed.

“Crave is one of my faves,” Val replied “Michelle and I just love the scallops there.”

At the mention of Michelle’s name, I felt nauseous. I was married to her boyfriend and she never even knew it happened. I had hoped we’d be lucky and she’d never find out but after the morning’s events, it would literally be hours before everyone found out. Hopefully they’d make it through dinner without an explosion. I didn’t want to rain on Zacky and Gena’s parade. Maybe I should just get on a plane and get out of here.

“Zoey, you ok?” Lacey asked, a look of concern on her face.

“Oh yeah, I’m fine,” I replied, giving her a smile “just daydreaming, I guess.”

“About that gorgeous guy last night?” Leana asked “He was a hottie.”

“Barely over drinking age though,” Gena cracked.

“Bet he could go all night though,” Val added.

I laughed “You saying something about Matt?”

She frowned as she realized what she implied. “No complaints in that department but you know younger guys. So did you spend the night with him?” she asked pointedly.

“I uh…well…not exactly.”

“Not exactly?” Leana asked “You either did or you didn’t.”

“I didn’t. Too soon, you know?”

The girls nodded sympathetically.

“So what about you and Brian?” Leana asked.

“Me and Brian?” I feigned innocence. “There isn’t any me and Brian.”

“Cut the crap,” she continued “you can cut the sexual tension between you two with a knife. He couldn’t keep his hands off you at the pool hall. And he was practically chasing you and the young guy around the casino last night. ”

Val sat up after her massage was completed and nodded her head in agreement as she readjusted her hair in its bun.

“I’m sorry about Michelle,” I blurted, seeing her face made me feeling guilty. Damn twins.

Val laughed loudly “Michelle and Brian are a mess. I try never to get in the middle of their relationship. You don’t have to apologize to me. I know what I’ve got in the sister department.”

“Brian isn’t exactly a one woman guy anyway,” Leana defended Michelle “It’s not like he has been the model boyfriend to Michelle so it’s not all on her.

“True,” Gena threw in “I probably won’t live to see the day that he settles down with one woman.”

“And forget marriage. Michelle has been waiting for years, but he keeps just saying it’s not in him,” Val continued. 

Boy, were they going to be surprised.