Chapter 1

Minor Notes:okay I lied,well not technically because I said updates are once a week,but I was just itching to publish some more of this book!

Late in the summer of this year,when my mother, father, brother and I moved to Brooklyn I met the Person that would change my life.

I was carrying some boxes up the long driveway and the very kind family that live next door offer to help us move into our new house,I learned they have a son the same age as me named Lucas ,but I havent seen him yet.

While I could hardly see where I was walking I magically seemed to slip on an un-even slab of pavement and almost go tumbling down face first (VERY UNATTRACTIVE!) But I feel strong arms catching my hand and back ,looking up I see who must be Lucas,Wow! He is cute! Chocolate Brown Eyes,Chocolate Brown Hair to match his eyes, and as he half smirks half grins his dimples show-We look into each others eyes for a few seconds before he says in a very strong American accent "Watch your step" he laughs and helps me stand back up,also volunteering himself to help tidy up the mess from the scattered boxes and their belongings, then holds out his hand and introduces himself "I'm Lucas by the way,and you are?"

As I take his hand I reply "My name's Grace" he shakes and we say in unison

"Nice to meet you Grace"

Nice to meet you Lucas"

Only in very different accents , given the fact I come from England so my british accent is very pure and Lucas is a strong american.We are very different but I have this feeling in my heart and stomach that we are the same.

                                                         * * *

In a few days I start a new high school - called Brent Lemnin High,I start getting anxious,What if everybody hates you? What if you are gonna be a loner for the rest of your high school days?"shut up!" I tell myself. I stopped caring what other people thought and what their judgement was years ago,because I learned that if people are making fun of you -they are just unhappy with themselves and try and make everyone else feel the same.

                                                       * * *

Tommorow is the day I start Brent Lemnin High School,I had discovered a little coffee shop really near the school so I decide to go up there,I take a book with me of course.The Second I walk in the door a delightful and rich smell of coffee flies up my nose,I take a deep and long breathe to embrace the smell then I walk up to the counter and the smell gets even stronger , its lovely and peaceful here with only ; a young couple sharing a slice of cake and drinking what looks like from over here- a cappucino but I could be wrong.At the other side of the cafe there is an old man sitting by himself with his back to the window,reading a newspaper titled 'Brooklyn Daily News' and also a few other people,couples and friends dotted about the small cafe.

As I take my drink which is a wonderful smelling hot chocolate I walk over to one of the spare tables and sit ,just as I read the first 3 words of the page ,The Door Opens and I hear the loud bustling of the street outside,I don't turn around to see who it is until I hear a familiar voice "Oh Hi Grace , I didn't expect to see you here!" I do turn around now and Lucas Mencly Is standing a few feet away from me

"Uh h-hi Lucas" I stutter

"Now what is a pretty girl doing here all by herself" he says as he gives me that half-smirk and half-grin looking right at me as I look down at my shoes hoping he dosent see me blushing.

"Thanks but I'm by myself cause I have no friends"I look up after I stop blushing and smile blankly , sitting back down in my chair.Lucas comes round to the other side of me-across the table

"Yes you do" that smile again!

"Oh really?Who?" I ask

"Me" he says so casually,I look at him surprised ,he is still smiling and then he pulls up a chair and sits down across from me.

"Really?!"I ask hopefully but trying hard not to show it.

"Well…yeah I would like us to be friends if-if that's cool?"I can hear the slightest bit of nervousness in his voice.

"Mm yeah yeah that's cool" I try and say in an american accent which makes him laugh.

"Well, Your Funny,Pretty and smart- what more could I ask for?"

I blush AGAIN!!!

For a while we get to know each other ,asking the simple questions before he asks

"So you must have to be starting a new school?yes? What school will you be going to?"

"I will be starting Brent Lemnin High over there tommorow"I take a drink.

"I go to Brent Lemnin!!" He looks so surprised.

"Oh cool!" I say

"Well I will see you there then"he winks, gets up and walks out.

A/N:I hope you enjoyed this chapter , updates will not be once a week but they will be between every 2-4 days,it depends what I'm doing and where I am. Let me know what you think about chapter 1 in the comments section. X