Chapter 22: The new alter

"W-Who...are y-you?" The woman asked weakly to the boy who was staring down at her.

Her head was bleeding because the young boy hit her with the baseball bat.

It was in the middle of the night, she was sleeping peacefully but being woken up by a sound of a breaking glasses from the dining room. She was alone at home at the moment; her husband was working outstation and her daughter was still studied in last semester at the oversea.

She was too afraid to move because the only thing that she could think right now was there was a robber in her house. She took her phone tried to call a police but suddenly the light turned off.

She gasped shocked. Her hand trembled while dialled the emergency. Suddenly, someone opened the door and it was too late to do anything because the moment the door opened, the bullet from the gun went straight to her chest.

Her phone felt off the bed and she stared in shocked at the intruder.

She held her bleeding chest and already was short of breathe.

The intruder came inside the room and walked to her who was struggled to run from the bed. The intruder which was a young boy, walked to her by swinging a baseball bat. Once he stood near the bed, he swings the bat and hit her head hard.

She couldn't run away, and instead she lied weakly on the bed, looked hopeless.

"W-Who...are y-you?" She asked weakly to the boy who was staring down at her.

"Me? I'm your son."

"W-What?"

"I'm your son who you abandon long time ago!" He said and hit her body with the bat again.

The bed was covered with her blood, she was cried in pain, and the boy kept hitting her.

"Is it hurt?" He asked. "No, this is nothing compare to what I feel." He said and took out the knife and then stabbed her stomach.

Until her last breathe, he kept looking at her like; enjoyed looking at the last moment of her life.

"Sleep tight...mom."

**********

-Flashback-

-A very long time ago-

"I DON'T HAVE STUPID CHILD LIKE YOU!" The man slapped his son's cheek and the boy fell with the force of it.

His dad pulled out his belt and smacked the boy's body angrily.

Bruises...
Bruises everywhere...

Today, it was no different than any other days.

It was Christmas, everyone should be happy. The Santa was coming! But, instead of getting gifts from Santa, he got beaten instead. That night, he cried silently but because of his sniffing, his dad pulled up his hair and pushed his head towards the wall.

It shouldn't hurt to be a child.

But, his own father took his childhood days, his self-esteem, his trust, and his life. All his dad do was smoking and getting drunk and everyday his dad would use his body as a punching bag for a pay back.

Everyone had a great dad, was he the only one who got his face slapped? Was he the only one who got beaten with a broom stick? Was he the only one who got lock inside a dark room? Was he the only one who only knew two colour in his life; red and black? The colour that he would have ever seen would be red from blood because that what he see every days as a result of abuse and black from the dark life that he's living.