Chapter VIII

Jisoo was still lost in her thoughts when she heard a knock on her door. Closing her eyes in frustration, she just wished that people would leave her be. She didn't want to pretend that everything was okay.

She knew they meant well, but the fact of the matter was, no one would ever understand how she feels. So she rather be here by herself than be pressured into pretending to feel better for their sake.

The knock came again, this time, she groaned and turned her body to face the door.

"What is it Jin? I'm trying to sleep." she tells him, the frustration evident in her voice.

The door creaked open, and she saw someone who she thought would never step foot in this room again. 

"Hey."

Jisoo wanted to throw something at her, but she stopped herself, "What the fuck, Jennie. Can't you understand the word no? Who let you in anyway?" she snapped, she wasn't in the mood to act nice.

Jennie opened the door wider and entered her space. God, she always did what she wanted.

"It was Jin oppa who let me in." she tells her as she stared straight at her.

"Seriously? I don't want you here Jennie. I don't want to see your face, or hear your voice, or have anything to do with you. I just want to be left alone. Can't you just do that please?"

"I can't do that." she answered simply.

Jisoo groaned in frustration, what the hell was wrong with her?

"Were you born to ruin my life? Are you enjoying this, are you enjoying my suffering? Just tell me!" she shouts at her, she could feel the blood pumping in her veins. Her anger was threatening to overwhelm her.

Jennie opened her mouth, but seemed to think the better of it. She then stood straighter and looked at her in the eye, "As much as you want to think badly of my intentions, of course I don't enjoy seeing you like this. Are you really going to keep beating yourself up over this?"

Jisoo snorts at that, "Who do you think you are to say that to me?"

Jennie now had that stubborn look Jisoo knew all too well. 

"We may no longer be friends now, that's true, and I'm not going to pretend we are. But I can't just watch you go and ruin your life. There's more to you than you're willing to accept, and whether you like it or not, I'm going to make sure you will see that in time." she tells her as she moves forward to where her PC was, "Here's your schoolwork for the week. I'm not going to push you into answering these, I know you won't do the things you don't like because I know how stubborn  you are." she says as she places the stack of papers on the desk, then turns back to her.

"But, I'll come here everyday if I have to, to remind you that there is more to life than moping around and pitying yourself for something you have no control over. I'm offering to tutor you with Math or otherwise if you need it."

Jisoo was rendered speechless for a moment by what she told her. Is she for real?

"Wait, all of this...for an A?" she asks, not really believing what she was hearing.

Jennie shrugged.

Jisoo shook her head, she had no time for this, whatever Jennie was thinking.

"Look, I don't need help, especially coming from you. What I want you to do is to walk out of that door and never come back. I don't need you in my life. Do what you do best, leave."

Jennie was clenching her fists as she said that, she was obviously trying to hold back her temper.

"I'll be back tomorrow." she says, and turns around to head outside the door.