11

The boys were finally able to catch up on their sleep that night. After the concert, they drank. Then went straight to their hotel rooms and straight to sleep. They did have an interview scheduled but it wasn't until the afternoon and it gave them more than enough time to rest before they needed to get up.

They offered to bring Delaney along with them to watch rather than stay alone in the hotel room, but she said she'd prefer it.

She spent the time diving into the two concerts of footage she had and cutting it all together to see how it would look. It didn't take long for her to be fully immersed in the software, playing around with the different unfamiliar features and filters.

With the amount of video that she had, it didn't take long to finish up and flip on the TV to a story about a warehouse fire which only held her attention until there was a knock at her door. It had only been a short amount of time since she had talked to Calum and so she didn't know why they'd be back already. And with her circumstances, how was she supposed to know if she should answer the door or not when she didn't know if it was them. 

Her conflicting thoughts were interrupted by a follow-up knock. She timidly looked through the peephole and saw a girl who looked slightly familiar through the slightly distorted peephole.

Delaney opened the door to the girl who was the slightest bit shorter than her, even with the platforms on her boots. She wore her sleek black hair in a bun with her bangs hanging down over her forehead.

"Hi...can I help you?" Delaney asked, keeping the door open just enough so she could see the girl and a rack of clothing she held onto. She looked down the hallway before answering with furrowed brows.

"Actually I'm here to help you. Michael told me the airline lost your suitcase and you needed clothes. And that you hated shopping," she said, and Delaney nodded as she caught up to the story. "Which I totally get, by the way. Some bad experiences ruin things forever."

"Yeah, sorry," Delaney shook her head and opened the door fully to let her in. "He didn't tell me he was doing this. So are you a friend of his?"

"No, sorry I forgot to introduce myself." She abandoned the clothes to approach Delaney and shake her hand. "I'm Quinn. I style the boys when they're actually willing to put up with it."

"Oh, yeah of course," she said, finally remembering seeing her in the dressing rooms before the two concerts. She should have connected the dots as soon as she saw her outfit, which she loved. "Sorry I remember you now that you say that."

"Don't even worry about it," she waved it away. "So what are you working with?"

"Not much. I don't know what I was thinking when I packed this," Delaney said, pressing her lips together and grabbing her bag to show Quinn what she had.

They went through what she had and a few of the things Quinn brought. Delaney kept up with the story that they couldn't go out shopping because she hated it and Quinn never questioned it and instead was accommodating to Delaney's needs despite only just meeting her. 

"So are you at every concert?" Delaney asked once they had finished for now and Quinn had a good idea of what she'd get for Delaney.

"Yeah pretty much," she nodded. "I have to be there and watch them pick skinny jeans and band shirts over the outfits I pick out for them."

Delaney laughed at sat down on the edge of the hotel bed and turned her focus to the TV again. "It's nice to know you picked out the outfits. I thought it was weird they had better style than me."

"You're sweet," Quinn showed a genuine smile and followed Delaney's eyes to the screen as they both put some clothes onto hangers and back onto the metal rack.