cнapтer one

мarιela'ѕ POV

Being an eighteen years old girl with a busy father and a mother who would choose shopping than to spend time with you is sad and lonely. Well not entirely lonely I've got Violet my best friend by my side.

Although we don't live in the same neighborhood again, I try my best to visit her as often as I could. "Marie!", my mom calls from the kitchen, "dinner is ready". I roll out of bed and head downstairs and see that Laurella my sister and mom are already seated except for dad. I'm not surprised he barely makes it home for dinner. I take my usual seat besides Laurie who smiles at me as I start to dish my food. There is a silence at the dinner table as everyone starts eating.

Halfway through dinner the front door opens and dad walks in looking as exhausted as ever. He pecks my mom on the lips and gives my sister and I pecks on the cheek. I smile back as a response as my dad takes his seat at the head of the table. "I've landed myself a good deal today", dad says removing his tie.

"That's great honey" my mom replies. "It sure is dear, Mr Jakeson has agreed to buy the twenty five million dollar mansion and I'll be finalizing the paper work tomorrow" dad says, a huge grin on his face. Dad works in real estate and sells beautiful houses from two bedroom flats to three story buildings, you name it.

"He is hosting an event tomorrow night" he continues "and I would like all of us to be there". Mom nods and smiles at her husband while I roll my eyes. I don't do well with social gatherings and I don't give two shits who Mr Jakeson is but I'll go for dad's sake.

Yeah I'm a girl from a rich family but you'll barely know. I don't adorn myself with expensive jewelry or clothes, just give me faded jeans and a hoodie and I'll gladly wear it. My mom doesn't like that I behave like I'm from "the ghetto" as she puts it. She's sophisticated and snobbish but sweet too. My sister on the other hand is the exact opposite of me, she likes anything fancy and expensive.

I finish my dinner and take my dish to the sink, quickly washing it and heading for my room. "Goodnight" I say as I start to climb the stairs. "Goodnight honey" my parent say in union. I change into my pajamas and lay down staring at the ceiling until my eyes decide to give up and I fall into a dreamless sleep.

°°°

I wake up to the sound of birds chirping by my bedroom window. Getting out of bed I take a shower and got dressed in a jean skirt and a tank top. Putting my shoes on, I go downstairs to have breakfast. The house is quiet, seems no one's home. I had breakfast then went to the garden.

Our garden is beautiful with varieties of flowers. I sit down on one of the benches and admire its beauty. After an hour of admiring I go back in. Entering my room I plop down onto my bed thinking of what to do because I was feeling extremely bored.

I grab my phone wanting to just stay home and scroll through Instagram but noticed I had two messages, one from my sister and the other from Vi. I open Laurie's message reading it, "Hey sis, mom and I went shopping at Eastgate didn't think you'd wanna come". I roll my eyes and read Vi's message. "Bro where tf are you, I miss you like crazy, I'm in the area let's hang". I check the time the message came in and it was about thirty minutes ago.

I stand up from bed, pulling my hair into a bun and applying some gloss. I've got really long eyelashes and hazel eyes which I took from my dad. My mom is a brunette while my dad is a blonde so I kind of took both their hair types with my hair being full brunette with blonde tips. I take out my car keys and send Vi a quick text telling her to meet me at the mall. I leave the house, locking it up and entering my car to take the ten minutes trip to the mall.