cнapтer three

A few hours later, Violet leaves and I'm now stressing about what I'm going to wear to that stupid event. One of the reasons why I hate dressing up is the stress of it. I finally decide on a black strapless gown that hugs my curvy shape perfectly. The dress ends at my feet and has a slit that reaches just above my knee. Laurella got me this dress last year when a guy asked me out on a date.

I went to the restaurant that him and I were supposed to meet up, I waited for hours and the fucker didn't show up. I went home and headed straight to bed throwing the dress in my wardrobe. The idiot later texted me that he fell asleep and we could go out some other time which I rudely refused and blocked him.

Boys have just been a nuisance to me ever since. I straightened my brown-blonde hair and applied light make up. I'm not one for dolling myself up to please people but dad wouldn't appreciate me showing up at the even in my usual hoodies and jeans. I didn't apply mascara because my eyelashes are already long and thick. Just a bit of eyeliner and red lipstick and I am good to go.

"Marie!" Laurella calls from downstairs as I am just slipping on my other hill. I clasp it and took my clutch placing my phone inside it and exiting my room. I walked down the stairs one stair at a time as to not fall. "Wow, look at you Mariella, so beautiful", my dad compliments as I reach the last stair, taking his extended hand.

"Thank you dad, you don't look bad yourself", I say smiling at him. My dad is my favorite person in the world when he's not busy with work. I look over at my mom and smile. She always goes all out. Her neck and wrists are adorned with jewelry and her ball gown drags behind her. Giving her a hug and I peck on the cheek "You look divine mom" I say. "Thank you honey, you look beautiful" she says turning to walk out with dad holding her hand in the crook of his arm.

I turn to Laurie and give her a hug too, taking in her dress which hugs her body like a second skin. It's pink and ends just above her knee. She's only sixteen but has a killer body. Matching her dress is a pair of pink stilettoes. Her shoulder length blonde hair is curled to perfection. Her make up is light but stands out. Sometimes I envy her, she's beautiful, smart and talented and people just love her where ever she goes. We all head out to my dads limousine and get in.

Dad decides to take an extra car in case one of us wants to call it an early night and the others would still have a ride home. Pouring each of us a glass of champagne dad raises his as we toast to a great night ahead.

                                  °°°
The ride to the event only took about thirty minutes. We got out of the limo to flashing camera lights. Looks like this Mr Jakeson hired paparazzi. I roll my eyes walking besides my sister who dashingly smiles at the cameras. The mansion, I tell you is absolutely beautiful. From the outside it looked like something from a fantasy. Dad really out did himself on this one. We entered, Laurie and I gasping in union. It is beautiful. A large chandelier hanging from a well sculptured ceiling. Two staircases leading to the second floor which I can bet my shoes is equally stunning. I keep looking around, impressed by what I'm seeing and notice that dad has gone over to some of his partners while mom went socializing with a few of her high class friends. "I'm going to get a drink", Laurie says leaving me all by myself. I decided to just continue feeding my eyes and observing everyone. Most of them were snobbish and posh like mom and others looked like your normal average people. This is going to be a long boring night.