cнapтer two

"Girl I've missed you how've you been?" Violet asks as she gives me a hug. I put my hands in hers and we turn towards the entrance of the mall. "I've been alright , I missed you more even though we saw each other last week", I say giving her a side smile. She smiles back and we both head to Fashion World to do a bit of window shopping.

An hour later we leave the mall and went to get ice-cream with Vi admiring every cute boy that we come across, even scoring a few numbers. I look at her and shake my head while laughing softly. "What?" She asks licking her ice cream. "Nothing I say when we approach my car. She laughs and bumps her hip on mine playfully.

I unlock the car and we both get in. "Wanna head over to my place so we watch a movie or something?" I ask starting the car. 'Yeah sure" she says not bothering to look up from her phone, texting God knows who. After some time we reach my house, the automatic gates opens, I drive in and park at my usual spot. We both get out and walk into the house. Violet has been here more than a couple of times and she is as familiar with the place as I am.

Inside, mom and Laurie are baking something that smells heavenly. "Mom I'm home" I yell attempting to go upstairs. "Oh honey" mom says and I turn to give her my attention. "Your father says that we should be ready by seven pm and he is kindly asking for you to wear something nice to Mr Jakeson's event, not those over sized shirts and hoodies you always wear, lets show our appreciation to him for buying the house", mom says.

I inwardly roll my eyes, mom and her always trying to show "appreciation" when she really doesn't give a fuck as long as her account's loaded. "Yes mom" I say giving her a fake smile. She turns her attention to Violet "Violet dear how are you its been a while". "Yes Mrs Contervalo its been too long" Vi replies her smiling. "How is your mom I've not heard from her for quite some time" mom continues and I know their conversation is going to last a lifetime because Vi's like the daughter my mom has always wanted and personally I think she wishes she could exchanged us or something.

Still thinking of a way to distract their conversation a noise from the kitchen draws our attention. "Mom the cupcakes!" Laurie screams. "Oh my, it was nice catching up with you Violet hope we could do more catching up later" mom says hurrying to the kitchen.

"Yeah sure Mrs Contervalo" Vi says to her retreating form. We both laugh going up the stairs. Sitting on my bed we watch "After". Vi keeps going on and on about how Hardin is everything she wants in a man and how Tessa is so lucky blah blah blah.