Chapter 4: "Meeting the Uchiha brothers"

It's been whole month since (Y/N) met Shisui and since that day, the young Uchiha ensured he visited small girl as often as he could even even with all his chores as member of ANBU, he was glad that one of those was being assigned to watch over her, allowing him spend more time with (Y/N). He would either accompany her during trainings or he was was taking her out for some strolls around Konoha, often dropping to some restaurants just to eat something.

Minako was also checking on (Y/N) whenever she had occasion to do so but being an jounin wasn't helping her with that. She was busy all the time but she was glad that she managed to find someone to take care of the child after her countless talks with Hiruzen who in the very beginning couldn't find person reliable enough to ensure that the last member of the Ryuunosuke clan will be safe within their village until certain day when Shisui showed up out of nowhere in Hokage's office and without questioning first brought idea of becoming (Y/N)'s guardian.

As the small girl found out later on, Shisui used to know her brother in person once he was attending Ninja Academy as a part of project that Hokage and her father came up with, as a way to bring their clan from hiding, back to the Land of Fire and to unite in alliance since elders of the village felt that people within Konoha began planning a coup d'état to overthrow the Konoha's leadership.

Shisui also revealed that after he graduated from the ninja academy at the age of seven, Toshiro actually was sent with him for some missions and it's also where their friendship started to form. Not so long after that he had forced to return to his village, Karugakure, due to her mother being close to giving birth to the young girl.

That was one of the main reasons why (Y/N) warmed up so fast to the older Uchiha. He got her curious with all the stories including her village and brother since she didn't know about this before. It helped her understand how everything was resolving around Ryuunosuke's and Konoha's relations even if still she didn't have her answer why exactly Toshiro died and who were the people who attacked him during the mission which seemed to have big importance to her clan.

Nonetheless the presence of certain dorky Uchiha, was what made up for the loss of her brother since she was looking at him with the same adoration that only Toshiro received. She knew she could trust Shisui and forget, even if it was only for moment, about this cruel world. It made him the only person who was able to bring her carefree self out of this cold and emotionless shell she was carrying since she arrived in the village.

Much to the girl's disappointment, it was one of those days where Shisui was needed elsewhere for the rest of the day and since he couldn't afford watching over her, he decided that best option would be, to get his best friend to do this for him instead. Especially since Itachi had some days free from his missions since he graduated from chuunin to jounin about a year ago and he would spend this day with Sasuke, giving another reason for Shisui why Itachi was perfect choice to "babysit" (Y/N). Besides he was the only person so far he knew he could entrust safety of the small girl.

Shisui was on his way to his best friend's house in the Uchiha compound, while giving (Y/N) piggy back ride. With her head resting lazily on his right shoulder, she was looking ahead of her, with her arms wrapped around his nick and her legs at each side of his waist with his own arms supporting them from behind. It's been two weeks since the black haired boy offered carrying her this way since the day when she was too exhausted, after one of their trainings, to get up using her own strength. Due to her being still young and getting tired rather quickly. To his surprise, did comply to his offer. By now she got really comfortable with this especially with the trust she had for him. Always reminding herself, how Toshiro used to carry her similar way often.