chapter six

Hauwa started doing the house chores before heading to the supermarket, she swept, mopped ,did the laundry.
When she was done, she went upstairs wore brown and pink atampa with a pink veil to match when she was done she went to imran's room to get the card and went downstairs she took her phone and called an Uber which would arrive in the next few minutes, she used the opportunity to close up the house and stood outside waiting ,it took five minutes for the Uber driver to arrive.
She hopped in and the ride started it took like six minutes to get to the supermarket because there was no traffic and he took a short cut , she got off and paid. She went into the supermart and got a lot of stuff like frozen chicken, toiletries,canned food , some junk food, drinks,rice, swallows, sanitary pads etc.
When she was going to pick some other things a man stopped.
"Salam" "wa alaikum Salam" "you are such a beautiful woman" "thank you" "can I have your number?" "no sorry" "why not?" "I am married" "oh sorry" with that she took the last item and went to the cashier and cashier was surprised to see a customer buy so many things.
"Good day Hajiah " "Good day" "This will take some time" "it's okay".
And the cashier started pricing things and all ,it took at least ten minutes while she was still doing her stuff Hauwa used the opportunity to call an Uber driver,He arrived at least two minutes early but the cashier was surprisingly fast she loaded the the Uber and they started moving.
And at a point the car stopped which made her start looking around.
"Is something wrong?" "Madam na hold up ooo" "....oh" "This nigeria ehhh the day weh you no fit see hold up na the day weh buhari go die" which made her laugh"especially Lagos,my brother weh dey Lagos every day weh I call am e go say he dey road even though na three in the morning, this life e no balance" "it's true Sha,I was just asking because my husband might be home" "Hajiah you married?" "Yes" "Hajiah, you fine ooo" " thank you" "your husband lucky oo"
"....." "I wish you a peaceful and successful marriage" "Amin" "all those bad Belle people they will not break your marriage they will never be successful" "Amin" "Madam we go soon reached your destination" "oh...okay" minutes passed and they arrived in front of the gate, she got down and took all her things out and paid for the ride and the man wished her again before leaving,she managed to take all the things inside on her own she unpacked all the things and looked for various places to put them when she checked the time it was already six o clock so started preparing dinner.
She cared less even if her and Imran's relationship isn't going well but she is doing it because she cared,she finished everything by seven thirty and arranged the table  then went to take some drugs she hasn't realized that she hadn't eaten since morning.
She went back to the living room and sat down on the couch waiting for Imran to arrive but she eventually fell asleep.
Imran arrived three minutes after she fell asleep, immediately he stepped into the house he notices he sleeping on the couch he didn't want to wake her up so he wakes pass her but right before he passed the wind slammed the upstairs widow which waked her up immediately and she notices him standing she sprang from her sit to him.
"Welcome" "...." "Do you want me to take that" she asked as she glanced at the bag he was holding and he glanced at her face her  Bright chocolate skin looked darker, her eyes had bags around it like she hadn't been sleeping well, she looked slim even though she was chubby.
She was chubby but her daddy called it baby fat and she was just 19 years old and Nana Aisha was 25 years old while imran was 28 years old.
He went to dinning table and she went to his room and put his bag down and went back downstairs to the dining room and she saw him eating and she just say there and said nothing and he stole a glance.
"Aren't you going to eat?" "..umm." "just eat" she didn't reply so she ate,it was silent.

Vote,
Share
Comment...

Liddah_sia.