Chapter 3

(Morrigans pov)

Morrigan lay in bed willing for sleep to come. Not really. For the last week she'd been having nightmares about Ezra Squall. She knew she should have trusted Jack earlier, but it never seemed like the right time. How could they ever forgive her when she had made the deal with the most evil Wundersmith of all time? She checked the time on the clock. 2:30. She sighed and rolled over. She made up her mind to see if Jupiter was awake. (Sorry this bit is terrible😞)

Walking down the marble floor of the Deucalion, Morrigan took a moment to realise how lucky she was. She and an amazing patron, she lived in a hotel, and she had the best friends a person could ever ask for. What more did she need? A small voice replied in her head "They're not your real family though, are they?" Be quiet she said told it.

She passed Jack's room and decided to have a peek. Inside, the room was cluttered but in decorative way. She smiled as she saw Jack peacefully lying on his bed and remembered what he said earlier.  

She turned around and saw Hawthorne facing her. "What are you doing Hawthorne!" She whisper yelled.

"I could ask you the same thing" he replied smirking in her face.

"I-I couldn't sleep" Morrigan stuttered

"Sure," Hawthorne replied, "I got this super awesome idea to camp under your bed and see what you were doing. Now tell me what are you doing in Jack's room."

"W-well I was seeing if he was awake?" Morrigan said.

"Ha! I knew it!" Hawthorne shouted randomly.

"What!" Morrigan replied 

"You're in love with him!" Hawthorne says victoriously 

"What, no I'm not!" Morrigan said her cheeks heating up.

(I don't know where this is going at this point😂)

TIME SKIP

Morrigan sat down for breakfast and the smell of freshly cooked waffles filled the air. "Mog, there you are! Me, Jack, Hawthorne and you are going to the beach today."

"Yes!" Hawthorne said punching the air and grinning, "Finally."