𝟎𝟔 ➝ 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐚 𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞

"What time is the game?" Terushima asked you as you both walked down the school hallways.

"Four o'clock! We should probably be there around three thirty, just to be safe," you answered. Terushima nodded in response.

"Do you want me to pick you up, or...?"

"It'd be nice if you could, but you don't have to," you replied to him.

Terushima wouldn't show it, but he was actually really excited to go watch the game with you. He'd been paying close attention to the v. league, so he had been wanting to watch a game up close for a while now. He also realized that his heart felt warm whenever he spent time with you, and he liked that.

"I'll pick you up at your apartment," Terushima said as he waved goodbye, walking towards the university's parking lot. You waved back to him. When he walked away, a smile came upon your face.

"Have fun on your date, but let me know if tries to do any funny business with you!" Mio shouted over the phone

"Have fun on your date, but let me know if tries to do any funny business with you!" Mio shouted over the phone. "I won't hesitate to beat him up. And trust me, I have before."

You giggled. "It's not a date! We're going as friends. Trust me, nothing'll happen."

"If you say so. Personally, I think that it's a date," Mio said before hanging up. You rolled your eyes in annoyance.

TERUSHIMA
incoming call...

"Hello?"

"Hey," he greeted you. "I'm outside of your apartment, take your time if you're not ready yet though."

"I'll be down there in a sec!"

"Alright."

You quickly ended the call and put your shoes on, heading out of your apartment to the main floor. You saw an expensive looking car in the front of your apartment building with Terushima in the drivers seat. You smiled once you saw him, and got into the passenger's seat of the car.

"You look nice today," you complimented him. "Got all dressed for me?"

"Tch. As if," he scoffed while he started to drive to the gym where the game was being held at.

"So, how has your day been so far?" you asked him to try and break the long, awkward silence.

"Fine. You?"

"That's good. Mine's been fine as well," you answered. After you said that, the car turned silent again. This is so fucking awkward. You fidgeted with the hem of your dress to try and relieve the unknown nervousness you were feeling.

Thankfully, the gym wasn't too far away so the silence was cut short when you two arrived. You walked out of the parking lot with Terushima and entered the building. You heard the loud sounds of men yelling and the sounds of shoes squeaking on the gym floor.