Chapter 2

"Love is like a drug. Once you start, you can't stop, and you always want more. Don't let that be you" Mom says. Its the same thing every day. She won't make breakfast, but she'll give me 'love' advice. I just roll my eyes, and keep walking.

"I know mom. Remember to shower today." I don't know why I tell her. I already know that by the time Kristina and I are out of school, she's going to be in the same spot, maybe slightly moved over. I really got to get her out.

"Hey, Naomi, Don't wait up for me after school, me and Chris are going to the mall." My sister Kristina says.

"Alright, but be home before dinner. You know I really don't like you dating Christopher. He always ends up breaking you eventually, and leaving you down." I say. Christopher Martinez, the worst possible dating partner ever. He has a habit of buying girls what they want, sleeping with them, and then leaving them in the dirt when he's done. Ugh, I so badly want to hit him for every time he's hurt my sister, but then I'd have a case.

"Ugh, you sound like mom. When will you realize that love is more than the things they do. It's what you feel." She says walking out the door. I go after her. Not going to lie, that stung when she said I sounded like mom, but we both know I'm right.

"Kristina, since when was love pain and suffering. Chris doesn't love you, and you know that. So why do you keep going back to him?" I say. She stops.

"Just leave me alone!" She says, then runs to the bus stop corner. I didn't mean to hurt her, I just don't want her getting her hopes up again. I wish she had listened to me when I had told her not to date Chris.

"Kristina Wait, I'm Sor-" I start, but she cuts me off.

"You never even gave him a chance in the first place, and now your trying to tell me that he's nothing?! How about instead of worrying about my relationships, you get your own! Go date Mark or something! You've been drooling over him for months anyways, go focus on him, and stop worrying about what I'm doing!" she shouts. It's at that moment Mark Brown walks up. He looks between both me and Kristina. My cheeks go red, I can feel it. Then he just starts talking as if he heard nothing.

"Hey, wassup?"

Me and Kristina look at each other, and just go along with it.

"Hey Mark."

"Hiii, Mark" I say really awkwardly and just look down. I don't want him to see my face because I know it's red right now. He just keeps looking anyways.

"My birthday is this weekend, and my parents won't be in town, so me and my older brother are going to have a party. I wanted to know if you guys wanted to come. You could even Bring Chris with you Kris." he says, then laughs. With their names being similar, everyone calls them Kris-Chris, and for some reason it's really funny to him, and no one gets why, we just laugh with him.

"Sure, we'll be there. I'll get Naomi all dressed up for you, and  you guys can get all kissy face." She says laughing, and making kissy faces. Both me and Mark look down. I know why I looked down, but why did he?

"Uh... yeah sure." He says, then continues walking. "See ya later."

Me and Kristina both stop and look at each other.

"did he just say sure to kissy facing your face?!" Kristina says, and then busts out laughing. "Omg, now I actually have to get you all dressed up, so he can kissy face your face." She says, and bust out laughing again.

I playfully push her. "Oh be quiet, he's only down the street, and your loud ass fuck." I say, and laugh too. I don't even think he noticed that he said yes to 'kissy facing my face'. Or maybe he did which is why he walked? eh, I don't know, I'm just glad that Kristina doesn't seem to mad anymore. She's to busy laughing at kissy face jokes now.