Chapter 6 (Joanna)

Looking at Chris in this state makes me regret everytime I said I wanted to kill myself. Being in this hospital at all makes me squirm. Kris is a mess, and as usual Naomi can't get over her pride and comfort her. Sometimes I just want to smack the shit out of her, and then knock some sense in its place. I don't think she really gets Kris' situation, so how could she ever get mine.

If she doesn't get Kris' pain, she can't understand the pain I'm going through, that makes me want to jump out a window or slit my throat...

My phone rings, and it's my mom. I step out to answer, and am hit with immediate yells.

"Where the hell are you? I got like 10 calls from the school saying your not there!"

"I'm at the hospital with my friends, Chris isn't doing okay and his mom just di-"

"And you couldn't think to call and tell me? This is ridiculous, you're always following your friends. For once do your own thing and get a life. Got the damn school calling me 10 times a damn day you better bring your ass home in the next hour, or I swear to god!" And then that's the end of that conversation

I hurry to the bathroom, and lock the stall behind me. I dig in my bag for my blade hoping it can ease the pain. I grab it and then-

"Joanna? Are you in here?" It's Naomi. I don't answer.
"Hey, I know your in here, I saw you flee in here. Whatever it is you are thinking of doing, don't please. We have so much going on already, and I hate for something to happen to you." I hear her wince. Is she calling me a problem?

"Go away, leave me alone!" I shout. She doesn't move. "I said leave me alone, I don't want to be a 'bother'!"

"Joanna, I didn't mean it that way. Please, talk to me, what's going on?" I hear her straining not to cry, and that breaks me. I drop the blade, unlock the stall and go to her crying like a newborn. We slide on the floor together, crying and holding each other until there's nothing left to cry.