Chapter 7

"You ready to go back out there?" I ask her. I don't know how long we've been in the bathroom together talking, but I don't want Kris to think I don't care. I just calmed Joanna down, and she explained everything to me.

"Yeah, I am. Just...." She looks at me. "Just put your pride to the side. Kris needs your support, not you lecturing her." She says before she gets up and walks out. I stay still.

I never thought I was prideful. Well, at least not that prideful. Crazy how crazy situations make you think. I get up and leave the bathroom.

"I think he'll be fine, just no more alcohol. And he needs a lot of support right now. He just lost his mom." A nurse is saying as I walk back in. Kris glares at me in a 'you better not say nothing' kind of way. I just look down at my hands and then at Chris as he sleeps peacefully.

"Do you want to stay here Kris? I can go home and get your stuff for you, and we can stay together if you want. It's up to you." I said and looked up at her.

She looks at me surprised. "I- I... yes. But you don't have to stay you have mom to take care of... and stuff... but thank you... really." She says, tears getting ready to spill over her eyes. Joanna looks at me approvingly.

"Okay. I'll take Joanna home first, grab your things and bring them to you."

"Okay. Thank you, Naomi."

Me and Joanna leave the room and get ready to start the long walk to her house, and then mine.

"You know what, I don't feel like walking. How about I call up Mark, and he can take us both home, and bring you back home? This way you two can break the awkwardness before the party." She says and starts laughing. I just look at her.

"You're not serious!" I gasp, but then she pulls out her phone.

"Nope, it's time for you to live a teen life, wanna eavesdrop?" She laughs.

"I'm right here but yes!" I say and she puts the phone on speaker.

"Wassup Lil  cousin?"

"Nothing really. I was just calling to see if you could come to get Naomi and me from the hospital. A lot happened in the last few hours, and you know how my mom is."

"Yeah, I can be there in 5 minutes."

"Okay great, because I think it's time you and Naomi got some talking to do." She says and starts laughing, I look at her like she's crazy not believing my ears as Mark says-

"Yeah, I think you're right. See you guys soon."