Chapter Five ~ She's Got A Book For Every Situation

H

arry walked up the garden path, heart thumping, their eyes not moving from their fixed postions on eachothers. "Hi" he said and she stood up, beaming. "Hey"
He gave her a bunch of flowers, that she smelt and admired. "Thank you"
"No problem. The yellow roses reminded me of that dress you wore, he blushed and she giggled. "That's sweet"
"So, shall we go?" he asked, after she'd ran the flowers inside. She nodded and he held out his hand, that she willingly took with a blush.
He walked her down the path, shutting the gate behind them, and led them to his car. "Thanks" she said, as he opened the door for her. He nodded and shut it, walking round to his side, taking very deep breaths as he went. It'll all be ok, he thought. It'll all be ok.

He stopped in a quiet little street, that was lit with pretty lights, and beautiful people. Anna looked out of the window, in complete awe. "This place" she said and turned to him, "looks beautiful". He smiled and nodded, "Yep, it's my favourite place to come at night."
They walked hand in hand, along the street and stopped at the top of some stairs that went down to a door. She looked at him confused. "Trust me" he said, and took her down the steps.
They walked in through the door, and the floor space was covered in tiles, made from records and vintage tiles. The tables were so pretty, and the whole place was decorated beautifully. It was like they'd stepped back in time. There were only a few people in there, and Harry told Anna that they were all his friends, so they'd get no publicity. They took a seat and she ordered a rum and coke and he ordered a beer.
"Thanks, mate" Harry said, as a man brought their drinks to them. "Thanks" Anna repeated.
"So, do you like it?"
She looked up and around, smiling. "I adore it"
"It reminded me of you. I love it here, and after meeting you, I knew I had to bring you"
She nodded and looked at him, he looked nervous.
"Thanks for the letter, Harry"
"No problem. I meant every word"
She looked down and spun her glass around.
"What's up?" he asked.
She shook her head. "Nothing, I just. I guess I feel a little embaressed. I shouldn't have loaded all my rubbish onto you"
He shook his head back and looked at her seriously. "Anna, don't be silly. I feel amazing about knowing that part of you. I feel honoured. I care about that part of you. I want to help you"
"No one's ever said that before" she looked up at him.
"No one's ever made me feel the way you do" he said.
"Nobody has made me feel like this either"
He smiled at her. "You're special"
She blushed and shook her head. "I'm really not. You're just too nice"
"Uh Uh" he tutted and wagged his finger.
"I'm always right"
She giggled.
Should we skip dinner and go for a walk?" he asked.
"I think that's a good idea"
They stood up and Harry went over to the man at the bar.
"Come on, let's go"
They both waved to the waiters and left.

"So, you read books and write about them, yeah?"
"Yep, pretty much" she laughed. "I've always loved books. They sort of take you off into a different world for a little minutem you know. You can escape whatever's happening in your world for a second"
"That's so true"
"And you're a singer, right?" she joked and ge laughed.
"Er, yeah"
"Amazing" she said. "I've never actually seen One Direction perform"
"Maybe we can change that one day"
"Maybe"
"You've got a thousand books" Harry said.
"What? How do you know that?" she laughed.
"I was in your kitchen and saw through to another room, lots of books, eh"
She giggled. "I have a book for every situation".

Harry took Anna into a little garden and they sat down on a bench.
"Listen, I don't really know what to say to you" she said.
"What do you mean"
"What I mean is, if it was normal, I'd probably tell you exactly how you make me feel. But It's not normal"
"This" he gestured to them both. "This is not normal. This is different"
"I like different" she said, looking at her dress.
He looked at her dress, "different, is beautiful. It's so so kind, so wonderful. It's... it's pretty incredible, huh?"
"If this is what different is, then yeah, it's pretty incredible"
He looked at her and then her lips.
"And I'm finding it reallt hard to know what to say to you too" he said.
"Let's be honest then?"
"You want me to be honest?" he asked.
"Yes, and I will too"
"If I were honest with you, you'd run out this park and ask for a restraining order"
She shook her head. "Then I guess we feel the same way" she smiled and put her hand on his. He looked at their hands and he turned his over, so he could hold hers, and put their hands on her leg.
"I think I might be dreaming" he whispered.
She laughed and gently pinched his arm, "Nope, not dreaming" they laughed.
"I do know, that you are the best person that I've ever met" she said, and he stroked her hand.
"Ditto" she smiled.
"I can't promise you the world, Anna, but I can sure as hell try"
"I don't need the world." she said, "I have you"
He looked down and then back up, "I'd love to give this a try. I don't want to rush you into anything. I'd just like to spend more time with you" he said.
"I think that's a good idea"
"You can you know come to the studio, meet the boys, perhaps? They are my second family"
"I'd love to. We don't need to rush, I agree. No labels needed just yet" she smirked and he smiled, "I'm gonna look after you".
"Come on" he said, and helped her up. "Let's get you home".

A/N: what are we thinking so far? I know nothing too exciting has happened yet, really, but I'm just starting the ball rolling!
What do we think of thier friendship/relationship so far?
B x