a r t

"courtney to you."

courtney hadn't been very fond of her "ex."

the two had dated in secret for a while, but obviously flirted in public.

since nobody knew, they thought she shouldn't be angry that duncan kissed gwen.

honestly,

she wished they had told people.

that way it wouldn't be so hard to explain why she was so hurt.

as soon as she said that, his face changed a bit.

it looked sullen, as if someone just gave him a punch in the head.

he walked past her, feeling guilty.

courtney walked behind him.

the two had most of their classes together, so them running into each other multiple times a day was bound to happen.

she wished she hadn't spoken to him, like ever.

that way, he would just be the kid who's everywhere.

not her "ex."

the two lived in the same neighborhood, had at least three classes together, 

oh, and was it mentioned that he still sat with her at lunch?

not just her.

it was with their friends.

they didn't know that he actually cheated because they weren't told of the relationship, it was just a kiss between him and gwen to them.

so it shouldn't be an issue to let him sit with them! right?

the guy was impossible to ignore, and courtney hated it.

she walked in to art class, right behind him.

thankfully, he was usually at the back easel, while courtney was always in the front.

she wasn't very talented at drawing, but she usually splattered a bunch of colors on her easel, easy a.

something she picked up from him.

her teachers welcomed her as more students came in till the class was full.

"today students, i would like you to paint your raw, deep emotions."

"and no mr nelson, i don't want a painting of you "finessing" as you call it, walmart."

courtney remembered the painting, it was him basically just saying he did crime.

landed him on probation, put him in jail for a day, hell he even was on house arrest for a week and did school online.

safe to say it caused in outrage in the small town.

"and, begin painting!"

courtney grabbed blue paint, doing an x over her painting board.

grabbing red paint, she painted the empty spaces.

easy a.

she had grabbed black, painting the edges, putting a bit of effort to show how she felt.

she felt angsty, like her world was toppling on her head as we know it.

she wanted to just break down, cry and let all those suppressed feelings out.

but she never got around to it, causing more and more pressure on her to keep up her act everyday.

for now, she coped with low effort paintings in art class.

"also students! there will be an important announcement when everyone is done!"