Only Us

I peered over Ram's shoulder to see a note written in my handwriting.

Ram and I died because we had to hide our gay forbidden love from a missaproving world.

"How did they-" I started before Ram interrupted. "They didn't. They couldn't have. We were so careful," he trailed off. I wrapped him in a hug and said, "Shh, it's alright. We don't need to worry about them anymore. We don't have to worry about anything now." He nodded as he dropped the paper and put his head on my shoulder. "I just wish my parents didn't have to find out this way." He let out a loud sob and I had to keep myself from breaking down as well.

"It's okay. You're going to be okay," I said, praying that he couldn't hear my voice crack. We stood like that together for several minutes until he finally calmed down.

"I'm sorry," he said wiping his eyes. "I just-"
I cut him off before he could say anything else. "I know. You never have to apologise to me about anything, you know that, right?"

"It's okay, its only us now. you're safe." I noticed more tears starting to fill his eyes and I quickly wiped them away before slowly leaning in.

"Well, that was the plot twist of the century!"

I turned around to see a girl in a floral kimono smiling down at us. Her tangled hair was tied with a large red scrunchie that threatened to come out of the knot.

"Heather?"