The Girl in Red

The blonde girl smirked as she threw her hands in the air. "In the flesh," she said before frowning. "Wait, that's not right, is it?"
I laughed, glad to see she still had a sense of humor after all she had gone through.
"How did you find us?" Ram asked, turning towards her.
"I guess you could say I've been haunting Veronica. As revenge for her killing me."
My jaw dropped. "You mean you didn't-"
"God, of course not! I had so much to live for," she said as she turned her gaze to the paper on the ground. "What does yours say? 'We couldn't handle the pressure put on us by society to only score touchdowns and dates with cheerleaders, not good grades on tests or friends. We die knowing no one knew our true selves.'
Some crap like that?"
I exchanged a quick glance with Ram who gave a tiny nod. He handed the paper over to Heather, who immediately burst out laughing after reading it.

"Missaproving world, huh? I thought you were smarter than that, Kurt," she said in between giggles. Suddenly she gasped and started clawing at her throat. I turned to Ram to ask what we should do, but he just shrugged and we decided to let it pass. She was already dead, after all. After a few seconds, she bent over and spit out a blue substance into the grass. She sighed and wiped her mouth with the back of her hand. "I'll be coughing up drain cleaner for eternity!" She exclaimed with a groan.

"So, what are we supposed to do, now that we're..." I looked at Ram, not sure how to word what I was trying to say.
"What, dead?" Heather said bluntly. "I honestly have no clue. I've just been winging it. It's not as fun as I thought it would be. The rise in popularity is nice. I just wish I was still alive to experience it. Watching Veronica, seeing her fall for JD more everyday, it's sickening, especially after what he did to me."

She sighed, and started fidgeting with the scrunchie that she had pulled from her hair. I squeezed Ram's hand tighter before looking back at Heather, forcing myself to maintain eye contact with her. "Are you, y'know..." I didn't know how to say it, so I left it at that.

She stared at her slippers, not meeting my eyes. Her posture had changed, her shoulders slouched, and head pointed down. "Y-yeah," she said in a small voice.

Ram stepped forward and took her hand in his. "It's okay, we support you no matter what."
I came up behind him and smacked him on the back of the head.
"Obviously, Ram," I said, rolling my eyes, which earned a small smile from the previously crying Heather. "See, this is why I'm the smartest guy on the football team."
Heather sniffed before saying, "I forgot how good of friends you were before high school."
"Well, this is after high school. We changed back then, we can change again."