balaclava

" oh come on now this trip will be loads of fun , you definitely have to join us Maya " nick said . They had just finished another song in the recording studio so that meant that they had two more songs to go , one's name was still unknown , the other one was called one for the road. They had been planning a trip for all of them to go once they finished the album but they decided that Maya should join as well . " Oh i don't know guys , i don't want to ruin your trip " she said , sipping some of her coffee . Damn they loved coffee . Alex was outside , smoking as all of the boys were talking about the details of the trip . " You won't be spoiling it don't be silly , we love having you around " Nick said with a wide smile . " Alex most of all " Matt said in a very low tone . Jamey kicked him under the table , Matt hitting him back with his hand .

" Maybe we shouldn't take you two cause you're are always fighting " Alex said with a smile as he walked back inside the room , having a wide smile on his face . Maya and Nick chuckled as Jamey and Matt frowned and pouted. " Maya you should definitely join us though " Alex added . He sounded like he really wanted her there with them . " Tell me more about the trip " Maya said as she looked at Nick with a smile on her lips . Alex sat down next to her and smiled at her before looking at nick . " We will go to a cabin i found in the woods , it's in Scotland and it's in a remote area , so no one will bother us ". Maya thought about it for a moment . She could either spend her days while the boys are away in her house all alone , eating ice cream and binge watching snl or she could go to a cabin in the woods in Scotland with them and stay there for five days . Seemed like an easy choice . " I'll come " she said . Immediately all of them began to smile and got up , cheering and jumping around . " But i won't be a babysitter , you guys will have to promise to behave " . Suddenly they stopped jumping and cheering . " Are you going to cook ? " Matt asked , they all seemed concerned. " Because none of us can cook love " Jamey added . Maya chuckled and smiled before saying " Yes , i will cook " And the boys went back to cheering and jumping around .

And that was it for today , only two more songs to go and they would go to Scotland. She wondered if the cabin would be full of snow or if it would be raining since it was the fall . She ran into her room and opened her closet , finding the biggest suitcase she can find and looked at all of her clothes . Did she need new ones ? Nah . Or did she . UGHHHH. She couldn't decide what to bring , what to wear or what to do . They would be leaving in two days , it's not enough time . She panicked . Of course she would . She would always panic for the smallest of things . Even when they asked her if she wanted a bag with her groceries and she said yes even though she didn't want one out of sheer panic . She grabbed her phone and called Alex . But he didn't answer . That was weird but maybe he was busy doing something else . She called Jamey . He wouldn't answer either . She called all of them and no one would answer . Okay that was strange .

She decided to go by the studio to see what was going on , she knew the boys always stayed up late but not three in the morning late . As soon as she got to the studio she noticed the boys manager and all of them looking mad or concerned . The angriest of them was Alex . As soon as she walked in all of them turned around to look at her , Nick quickly taking some papers which were on the desk and giving them to Jamey who was next to him . " What's going on , I've called all of you and you haven't picked up " Maya asked as she walked towards them . Of course before she could walk any closer their manager cleared his voice " Leave now girl , you have no place here " he said . His voice was really deep , almost scary . Maya froze . " Excuse me sir you can't talk to me like that , I am in charge of the album " Maya talked back . Apparently the manager didn't like it that she talked back , he clenched his fist and Alex spoke in a soft voice " Maya please leave , we'll be right out " he said and gave her a small smile . Maya decided to listen to him . She walked outside and after a good twenty minutes of constant arguing the boys left the room , going to see Maya . What was going on , why did Alex look so hurt . He looked at Maya and let out a small sigh and a soft smile . " What's wrong ? You all seem sad " she asked . Of course she had no idea what's going on , nobody did except from them and their manager . " Oh nothing , we were told we don't have to do the other track , all we have to do is one for the road and we're done " Jamey said rather quickly. Alex did not turn to look at him . He only looked at Maya with those hurt eyes . " So that means we only have one day till the trip ? " Maya asked , oh god she was getting anxious now . " Well yeah technically " Matt said , crossing his arms . As soon as their little chat ended they all drove back home . Maya was the last one to be dropped off . Alex seemed to be lost in his thoughts as he didn't speak a word , always looking out of the window and never at her or the boys . He seemed off . " Goodnight Alex " Maya said as she took her jacket and smiled at Alex . " Goodnight Maya " he said as she turned to look at her with a small smile on his face and left as soon as Maya got out of the car . Jesus Christ ... what did that manager tell them ....