↳ 09 ; WEEK FOUR

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

・゚: *・゚:*    *:・゚*:・゚

tom goes to extreme lengths to prepare for harrison's  arrival. aurora assures him that there's no need to go overboard - they have a spare set of sheets, plenty of food and even enough toilet paper to last all three of them the entire week. despite the reassurance tom flits about the apartment for the rest of the evening and even the following morning. he makes several trips to the supermarket - returning with a strange variety of snacks and protein powders.

"is your friend a 18 year old body builder?" rory asks jokingly, lifting up a bag of crisps and a tub of whey protein.

"harrison is extremely particular," tom warns, turning his attention back to wiping the rest of his groceries.

rory considers asking tom to elaborate, but can see that he's already flustered enough as it is, so she helps him unpack instead. when tom heads out for the third time and returns with two full bags of wine rory furrows her brows in confusion.

"i'm very worried as to why your friend needs an entire case of wine for a 24 hour layover."

"oh don't worry," tom says with a humourless laugh as he starts stacking the bottles in the fridge. "these are for us."

・゚: *・゚:*    *:・゚*:・゚

harrison osterfield enters the apartment with a flourish. tom immediately ushers him into the bathroom to wash his hands for two full rounds of 'happy birthday', which harrison doesn't understand the importance of, but obliges nonetheless.

once his hands are washed and dried he brushes right past tom and into the living room, setting down his bag and stretching out his arms. rory, curled up in her favorite sofa, looks up from her book to greet their guest. he looked familiar, and she realises she must have seen him at one of the premieres she would've attended with zendaya.

"well, hello there, stranger!" harrison says once he catches sight of aurora, unknown to rory he is trying his best not to seem starstruck, which he definitely is. he crosses the living room and holds out his hand to her. "harrison osterfield, pleasure to finally meet you," he says with a wink that makes rory swoon.

aurora is too struck by harrison's beauty to do much else but shake her head at the outstretched hand in front of her. she wonders to herself what on earth must be in the water in england. tom rushes back into the room, his gaze quickly flashing from aurora to harrison and back again.

"harrison, no handshaking, we went over this!" he scolds, pushing harrison's arm down to his side.

"right, right. and look, all it took was a pandemic for you to finally let me meet your new girl, you wouldn't think to mention it was aurora flipping grande! and you didn't even introduce me!" harrison teases once tom appears at his side.