↳ 06 ; WEEK THREE

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

・゚: *・゚:*    *:・゚*:・゚

aurora's frustration with herself for childishly avoiding tom for nearly two weeks increased tenfold when she realises that tom is the perfect quarantine roommate. with the bridge between the two mended tom begins to spend more time out in the living room. in the little time he does spend in his room during the day, he almost always keeps his door propped open in case rory wants to to stop in or needs anything.

just having someone to talk to (other than toulouse, who of course can only offer a bark or lick back), has made life in quarantine more bearable - the fact that tom is a genuinely interesting and nice person is just a bonus. it turns out the two have a lot more in common than either anticipated.

when tom discovers that aurora has never actually seen a marvel movie other than the spiderman films she had been dragged to by zendaya, he demands that they have a movie night asap. aurora naturally agrees - it's not like she has anything else she could be doing, and tom was slowly becoming her favourite company - but she insists for every marvel movie tom picks, she gets to pick one in return.  tom agrees, messaging her a link of the entire marvel cinematic universe in chronological order moments later.

aurora is particularly impressed by captain america: the first avenger, and the avengers, but less so by iron man 2 - which leads to a debate about robert downey jr's filmography. this lead to multiple movie nights since there are so many films in the cinematic universe, and tom insists they watch every single one. really he just liked the way rory would sit closer and closer to him as the nights went on.

in what seems like no time at all, they become constants in each other's lives. tom accompanies rory on her evening walks with toulouse, she admires the way toulouse has grown to love tom so quickly, since he usually growls at anyone who isn't her. they try to tackle a new recipe every couple of days - at first tom took charge of the sweet, rory insists he likes his food way too bland - but tom soon becomes a master of cooking improv, taking whatever mismatched ingredients they're able to snag from the grocery store and turning it into something unexpected, delicious and perfectly seasoned. one night he prepares hand made sushi, the two of them laughing uncontrollably at the poor job he had done of rolling it, yet rory declares it's the best she's had in years.

sadly this means that rory has to take over the sweet dishes. she takes baby steps at first, starting off small with a cinnamon swirl banana bread, which tom praises for days. her attempt at tiramisu doesn't go as well as she'd hoped considering her italian roots, but not too bad for a first try. they both join forces as they decide to make brownies, something you'd think would be straight forward. the two double over in laughter when they come out a burnt and misshapen mess.