Kissing in the Rain

After tossing and turning in bed for what felt like hours, Moritz and Melchior sat up in and faced each other. Moritz's brown hair was messy and all over the place, and Melchior had to bite back a smile at how cute he looked.

"I can't sleep, can you?" Moritz muttered into the darkness. Melchior shook his head. "Nope."

Melchior looked at the clock on his dresser and it read one o'clock in the morning. His eyes widened as he got an idea. "Do you want to go for a walk then?"

Moritz thought about it for a moment, thinking about all of the ways they could get murdered or stabbed to death in a dark alleyway. The brunette shrugged.

"Sure."

The two teenagers got up and quickly changed clothes into something warmer because it was pretty chilly outside. Moritz pulled on a long-sleeved shirt and some black jeans, while Melchior tied a sweatshirt around his waist and pulled on a blue t-shirt and black pants.

They silently snuck down the hallway, careful not to wake Melchior's mother who was asleep in her bedroom across the hall. After a few minutes of sneaking through the house, Moritz and Melchior unlocked the front door and slipped out into the front yard.

It was pretty dark as they walked through the front yard and out onto the sidewalk. It was a beautiful night, and there were only a few clouds in the sky, surrounded by bright stars.

Melchior reached over and gripped Moritz's hand tightly in his, and gave him a reassuring smile. Moritz gave him a bright smile back.

The two lovers walked down that sidewalk for about ten minutes before they stopped at a small clearing. There were lots of flowers and some benches, with a clean sidewalk going down the middle of it.

"Wanna sit down?" Moritz asked, gesturing towards the benches. Melchior nodded and took his hand to lead his boyfriend over to one of the benches. When they sat down, Melchior pulled out his phone and checked the time.

It was just after one thirty so they were fine. Just then he felt a raindrop land on his head. "Did you feel that?" Moritz asked him curiously, reaching up to touch his face.

"Yeah, I think it's starting to rain," Melchior replied. Moritz stood up as it started to rain harder. He lifted up a hand to cover his eyes so he could still see.

As they started to walk away, it began pouring, so Melchior grabbed Moritz's arm to stop him. He pulled off his sweatshirt and handed it to his boyfriend.

Moritz gave him a confused look. "Why are you giving me this?"

"You can wear it to keep dry," Melchior told him. Moritz tilted his head and replied, "But what about you?"

Melchior shook his head. "I don't mind getting a little wet, but I know you like to keep your hair dry," he answered. Moritz smiled gratefully and leaned forward to hug him.

He pulled on the sweatshirt and gently pressed a kiss to Melchior's lips. "I love you," Moritz whispered against his lips, not caring that they were getting soaked by the rain.

Melchior grinned and wrapped his arms around his boyfriend. "I love you too, now let's go get dried off," he whispered back.