First Date

Moritz and Melchior stepped into the fancy restaurant, and a waiter led them to their table, a spot towards the middle of the room. The table had a candle on it and a dark red tablecloth. Melchior stepped in front of Moritz and pulled out the chair for him, making the brunette smile.

"Thanks, Melchi." Melchior smiled kindly at his best friend before sitting down across from him. They both ordered their food and after the waiter walked away, neither of them said anything. Moritz was staring down at his hands, trying to think of something to say. This was his first date with Melchior and the last he wanted to do was embarrass himself by saying something stupid.

Melchior interrupted his thoughts by complimenting him. "You look really good tonight, Moritz." The brunette glanced back up at Melchior, his cheeks slowly turning bright red. His face fell however when a thought crossed his mind. Melchior gave him a confused look.

"Is something wrong?" he asked, sounding worried.

"I'm just afraid that if we start dating, things won't be the same between us," Moritz explained, letting out a sigh. Melchior slowly nodded, understanding what his friend meant.

"I know what you mean, but we're still going to be friends no matter what," Melchior told him reassuringly. Moritz smiled softly, feeling a little better. A couple of minutes later their food came and the two of them began eating in mostly silence, occasionally exchanging a few words.

At least things didn't feel as awkward. By the time both of them were done eating it was almost ten o'clock. Melchior called the waiter back over so he could pay for their food. Moritz wanted to offer to pay but by the time he had worked up the confidence to say something, Melchior had already paid and pulled on his jacket.

"Could I walk you home?" Melchior asked hopefully, offering Moritz a hand up. The brunette smiled back at him, meeting Melchior's eyes. "Sure."

About halfway to Moritz's house, Melchior reached over and gently took his hand, making Moritz blush again. A couple of minutes later they got to Moritz's house and Melchior stopped walking and turned to his friend.

"Can I kiss you?" he asked nervously, gazing at Moritz. Moritz grinned at him. "Yeah."

Melchior couldn't hold back a smile as he kissed Moritz for the first time, and Moritz felt exactly the same. When Moritz pulled back, he blushed before saying, "Thanks for tonight. It was amazing."

Melchior nodded, feeling a little too happy to talk. He leaned forward and kissed Moritz on the cheek. "I'll see you tomorrow," he promised him. Moritz nodded and opened the front door of his house, waving Melchior goodbye.

He hurried up to his room and locked the door behind him. The brunette couldn't help but smile to himself while he brushed his teeth as he thought about Melchior.