Soft Kisses

Melchior hurried up the stairs towards Moritz's bedroom, eager to see his beloved boyfriend. He slowly pushed the door open, hoping to surprise him, but he stopped in his tracks when he noticed that Moritz was crying. The brunette was sitting on his bed with his head in his hands, quietly sobbing.

"Moritz," he said softly, walking over to him. Moritz stiffened immediately and hurried to wipe away his tears. "Melchior? What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to surprise you, Mo," Melchior explained, giving him a concerned look. "What's wrong?" Moritz sniffled and sat up straighter. He didn't want to bother his boyfriend with his silly worries, especially since he was sure that Melchior would probably make fun of him.

"It's nothing," Moritz told him, forcing a smile. Melchior shook his head and brushed a strand of dark hair behind his boyfriend's ear. "No, it's not nothing. You're crying," he disagreed, making Moritz meet his eyes.

"Sweetheart, please tell me what's wrong. Maybe I can help."

Moritz sighed and drew his legs up to his chest nervously. "I was worried that you might rather be dating Wendla."

Melchior was completely taken aback. "What gave you that idea?" he asked, looking very confused as he gently brushed his thumb over the back of Moritz's hand. The brunette shrugged and stared at the ground.

"Wendla's smart and pretty. Plus it would be so much easier than dating me," Moritz muttered sadly, and another tear ran down his cheek. Melchior gently placed a few fingers under Moritz's chin and made him meet his eyes again.

He sighed and wrapped his arms around Moritz as he cried. "Moritz, even though Wendla may be pretty and smart, she can't even begin to compare to you," he whispered, running his fingers through his boyfriend's hair.

"You're absolutely stunning and one of the smartest people I've ever met. And Moritz, I know things are going to be complicated, but that's okay," Melchior said softly. Moritz's face turned red and he buried his head in Melchior's chest.

They sat like that for a couple of minutes until Moritz stopped crying. The teenager slowly looked back up at him and blushed again when he met Melchior's eyes. He glanced back down and quietly said, "I'm sorry, Mechi."

Melchior smiled at him warmly before saying, "Don't be." He wiped away a couple of his lover's tears and held one of Moritz's hands. "God, I don't deserve you, Moritz," he said, smiling at the brunette. Moritz just smiled back before pressing a light kiss to Melchior's hand.