Reading Books vs Watching Movies

"The book is a film that takes place in the mind of the reader. That's why we go to movies and say, "Oh, the book is better." - Paulo Coelho

Which is really better? Reading Books or Watching Movies? According to the poll I made with the 21 of my classmates, excluding me, only 7 chose to read books and 14 of them rather watch movies. For me, it's a both. I love reading books because books are more informative. I also love watching movies because it visualizes the things I have read on the book. But if you let me choose one of them, I'll go with reading books.

It may sound boring when it comes to reading books but trust me not all books are boring. In books, you can use your own imagination when the author describes the scene or the character and when it comes to movies, when the director has a low imagination then that movie sucks.

In movies it only lasts for a maximum of 2 hours or so, there is no such thing as intense because you can directly see it in the big screen. While in the books, it may take long to read it, maybe 2 days or so. But as you read, you can imagine the scenes that is really happening in the book. And when it comes to the most instense part of the book and you're really tired reading, you can't stop reading because you're enjoying it.

When you read this article, you might be thinking that I am really in the side of the books rather than the movies. Well, not really. In my life. I have already read more than 30 books and counting. Well, in watching movies, more than a hundred already but from those movies I watched there are only 70 plus movies I liked and some of it are not the same in the books.

In learning, it depends on the person on what will he or she base it from. There are 3 types of learning: visual, audio and audio - visual. But in my article we only use the two of them, the visual where we visualise the scene in our mind from the books and audio - visual where we listen to the sound and the moving pictures in the screen. This competition is a tie. Because people refer to movies because it is easier to access than the books, some of the people chooses the books because it's more informative than the movie.

Books to Recommend:
- Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series by Rick Riordan
- Heroes of Olympus Series by Rick Riordan
- Divergent Trilogy by Veronica Roth
- Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling
- The Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare
- The Infernal Devices Trilogy by Cassandra Clare
(and more.. :D)

Movies to Recommend:
- All Harry Potter Movies
- Divergent
- All Resident Evil Movies
- All X-Men Movies
(and more... :D)