Who is my 2016 Philippine President?

My 2016 Philippine President is Senator Miriam Defensor Santiago because of her legal brillance and courageous example in fighting corruption. In a nation, like Philippines, where many public officials are charged with, or suspected, of plunder, her honesty shines like a light in the dark. Let us know more about Sen Miriam, so that you will see the things I saw, but you didn't.

Senator Miriam Defensor Santiago was born on June 15,1945. In December 2011, she was elected as judge of the International Criminal Court. She is also a lawyer, former trial judge, and a professor of constitutional and international law. For two years, she suffered from chronic fatigue syndrome and later found that it was lung cancer (4th stage). She thanked all the people who were praying for her and miracuosly with her signature humor and bravery, she fought back, and her cancer has regressed.

See? Even the cancer cells are afraid of her!

Sen. Miriam, when it comes to studies, she is also very good at them. She was a class valedictorian in all levels - elementary, highschool and college. She also earned the degrees Bachelor of Arts, magna cum laude; Bachelor of Laws, cum laude, from the University of the Philippines. And when it comes to her professional excellency, Sen. Miriam holds a record of excellence in the three branches of government. In the judicial branch, she has been presiding judge of the Regional Trial Court in Quezon City. In the executive branch, she has been the immigration commissioner; a cabinet member, as agrarian reform secretary. In the legislative branch, she is now a senator for three terms. She has received lots of awards such as TOYM, The Outstanding Women in Nation's Service and Most Outstanding Alumna in Law from UP. She is also named as one of "The 100 Most Powerful Women in the World" by an Australian Magazine.

We might see Sen. Miriam a scrupulous, rigorous, and a very stern woman but Sen. Miriam has a lot of self - humor when it comes to fighting corruption and other anomalies in the government. She ran in the 1992  Philippine Presidential Elections but was cheated and never conceded defeat. As what the Filipinos said: "Miriam won in voting but lost in counting." Some officials want to be the president of the Philippines because they want power to take over the country but Sen. Miriam is not. She want to do what is the right thing and not the wrong one. At this point, you might still wonder why Sen. Miriam should run and win the 2016 presidential elections. The one that I really admire her the most is because of her self - humor in fighting against her enemies or corruption.

During her speeches, she usually uses pick - up lines in mocking her enemies. If you didn't know any of them, then try  to read her newly launched book entitled "Stupid is Forever" where she compiles all her pick - up lines, jokes and some of her most astonishing speeches to the youth.

It's unique when you use self - humor in fighting something, instead of being harsh and rigid to your enemies you just tell them jokes which are really direct to the point and see them in angry faces while you are just laughing at them. So, here's what I'm going to tell you.

Choose and Vote wisely in the coming 2016 Philippine Presidential Elections.