Chapter 1

Nelson Wright was a classmate of mine. I'd known him for a couple years now. He could be a bit dark at times but he was very smart. I secretly found him to be very attractive, but there was never anything between us. He was actually was actually one of the best students in school and I knew he would make a very good doctor someday.

"So are you you gonna be there tonight?" He said. We walked together since we had some of the same classes.

"Look I don't think I can Nelson" I responded.

We were almost in class when he grabbed my arm pulling me aside. "Why not?" He asked hastily. "Because...I mean...don't you think this idea of yours is a little crazy" I inquired. "You know what maybe it is but all I need you to do is handle the CPR and maybe the injections in case Rachael Manus doesn't show up, and hey imagine if this works it might just be worth it" he said.

"Worth it? What exactly are you doing this for?" I asked. "For mankind...what else?" He responded. "I don't believe you, I think you're doing it for your own knowledge not mankinds" I said. Nelson looked as if he were about to say but I walked into class before he could.

Good morning class, today's exam will be scaled. Three A's will be given, five B's, ten C's, and the remaining four will get D's and D's

As our teacher continued to talk Nelson looked at each other from our own slabs across the room. He gave me a look as if he were saying please. I sighed rubbing my temple before nodding and mouthed the words okay. This made him smile rather happily

*****

After class I walked down the same concrete steps from earlier to go home when a voice called me. "Hey your Lauren right?".

I turned to find Joe Hurley walking up to me. I'd seen him around school and we had a couple of classes together. I also heard of him through his reputation from sleeping with many of the girls at the University.

"Yeah that'd be me" I said.

He looked me up and down with kind of a smirk on his face. "Well I'm Joe I've seen you around and anyway I've been looking for a study partner and I was wondering if you we could get together sometime this week". I already could tell what his intentions were.

"Well thanks, but I already have a study partner and I'd hate to disappoint her" I lied.

"Well I'll see you around Joe" I smiled and began walking home. Suddenly I felt a pinch on my bottom

"Hey!"

"Sorry just a reflex" Joe said with a light chuckle." Oh really?" I chuckled back "Well so is this".

SMACK

I saw Joe touch the side of his face where I slapped him before I walked home again.

*****

I sat at my kitchen table eating some leftover Chinese food thinking about Nelson's words from earlier Imagine if this works it might just be worth it. I put down my fork and turned my head to look at the picture of my sister Mia on my refrigerator

Could it be possible?

I let out a long sigh before checking the clock on my wall. I could still make it.

Shit what hell have I gotten myself into?