Chapter 2

"Elena, are you okay?", Stefan asked standing across my bed. Damon was holding me tight, his eyes searching mine for an answer, anything, something, give me a single word baby he spoke to me through the worry on his face.

I couldn't find the right words to say, suddenly I was at the loss of my vocabulary. I didn't know what to say, I couldn't still process the fact, how I could such a thing happen, vampires can't procreate and truly timing was a bitch. I still had to feed; the other option, all of a sudden was no more an option. I could let myself die but not my baby, my baby

It was a huge thing; my life has turned upside down and I had no idea of what I will be doing about it.

I got up from my bed and made my way to the bathroom without saying a word to the brothers who I knew will always be by my side. I closed the bathroom door and stood in front of the mirror; a stream of unknown memories flashed through me. 

Memories of me and Damon, the first time we met, it was at on an alone road in the woods, I was upset from Matt and was waiting for my parents to pick me up. There he was standing with a smirk over his lips, his damn sexy voice. Oh my god, I remember it so clearly. The first time we kissed on the porch flashed and the time he got me back the necklace that Stefan had given me, it was like my life was missing pieces of jig-saw and now they all befitted like a perfect picture yet I felt that something was missing, a piece that would definitely make the picture of my life complete but I couldn't get myself to remember it. My unconscious was protecting some incident that had happened between Damon and me. But what could have it been?

I let a sigh pass and washed my face, took a hot shower even though I was feeling light-headed yet it felt good, I felt fresh and strangely extremely hungry, I was hungry for blood.

After slipping into a pair of comfortable nightwear I went downstairs to find myself surrounded by Caroline, Bonnie, Jeremy, Matt, Stefan and Damon. I walked over to Matt who had a pool of tears circling his eyes, "I am sorry, it is my fault" he said barely making eye contact with me. "Don't you dare say that, how do you think I would have been with my best friend died", I said hugging Matt.

Soon after we all sat and talked for a while, Matt was called for work and Bonnie had to leave because her Mom was in town and Jeremy went back to his room. I knew it was time for me to feed, I couldn't think straight but ripping someone's throat open for the thing I craved the most right now- Blood. I couldn't believe the thoughts I was having. I asked Caroline who was sitting next to me to fetch a blood bag. She looked at me encouraging "Are you sure?".

"Unless you want me to rip my way through." Within a few seconds, she came with a glass full of blood, followed by Stefan whose eyes were filled with regret. They came and sat my sides; I held the glass examining it like it is some sort of mystery. I placed my empty hand on Stefan lap and said "Stop beating yourself up for the choice that I made", he simply nodded. Caroline whispered it's going to be okay; we are here for you.

I finally made myself take a small sip from the vessel filled with blood. I had to do it, not just for me but also for my baby. I finished the entire glass in a go afterwards and surprisingly it was delicious, something I never thought I would say. Caroline re-filled the glass and spoke. 'The little one could use some extra food".

It was the first time that someone had referred to the fetus growing in me out in the open. I could not control myself but I had to cry. I couldn't understand that my heightened emotions were because of my hormones or because I was a new-bee vampire. I guess that will remain for times to come.

Next day I woke up to sun rays burning my skin and as I screamed Damon was there to shut the window just in time and hold my hand. It was just the two of us and I couldn't keep myself from asking about why he had compelled away our memories. He held me in his arms and he didn't answer me.

It took him another five minutes to tell me something that I wish he hadn't told me. My life was throwing balls at me and I couldn't hold on to any more of it, my hands were full.

"Elena I am about to tell you something but I want you to not panic. I need you to understand that when I compelled away this moment, I was just trying to protect you", Damon said. I didn't fathom what was he talking about, protect me, what was he saying? Seeing the confused look at my face he continued.

"We were in the motel and we kissed, after that we ordered some drinks in our room. We drank, we made- out again and that night was one passionate night that turned into the morning with no clothes on. In the morning can you woke up terrified wandering what will Stefan think and started to cry and after a while when nothing seemed to work, when the guilt was crushing even though he suggested that we go to the trip together, you insisted that it was wrong. I had no choice but to erase your pain only way I do. I compelled you to forget it, I did it to protect you."

"I did it to protect you, baby". 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What Damon and Elena had sex? What a cliffhanger! 

The question is who's baby is it and how did she get pregnant? How is she going to handle being a new vampire and being pregnant? 

The answers will be revealed along with the coming chapters and something totally unexpected is coming your way. Continue reading the comment below who should be the baby daddy Damon or Stefan? 

I will be uploading every day so stay tuned and let's find out who the baby daddy is?