Chapter 1

The night was cold, I shivered and my nose was turning pink. Music was playing softly, I hummed to the rhythm of it. Seeing all these people dance happily with their partner made me wish I had someone to dance with.

"Wanna dance?" The mysterious man's face was covered with a mask. "Please, dance with me, George." His voice was muffled and could barely be heard over the loud rain.

"Excuse me, I don't know you." I crossed my arms. "How do you know my name?" He looked at the floor and chuckled.

"You're the prince, silly." His hand reached out for mine. I sighed. I held his hand and got close to him. His other hand held my waist. I felt weirdly comfortable. This feeling made me never want to leave. We swung to the rhythm of the music.I looked at him and raised my brow, he smiled as I reluctantly continued dancing with him. I looked around me, fearing that people would see me, a man, dancing with another man. "It's not so bad, is it?"

"Not really," I couldn't risk my parents seeing me dance with another man. I looked at the clock on the wall, 10:30 p.m. "Uh, I have to go, It's pretty late."

"Why?"

"I'm tired." I let go of him and started to walk away, keeping eye contact with him. I waved at him, and turned my face away, finally seeing where I was going. I walked out of the ballroom. A young servant approached me.

"Hello, mister. Let me guide you to your room." I rolled my eyes. I'm almost twenty years old, I don't need help with getting around my house. I walked behind her.  "Is everything okay?"

"Yeah." She opened my door and waited for me to go inside. "Thanks"

"Do you need anything else, mister?" She lifted her eyebrow.

"No thanks. Good night." I said, with my arms crossed, and trying to sound as polite as possible. Sometimes I feel bad for them, they work so hard and no one appreciates it.

"Good night." She closed the door, finally having some space to myself. I opened my closet and pulled a pair of pajama pants out. I started getting undressed, but I felt like someone was looking at me. I turned my head around, trying to find the eyes that were looking at me. I realized my window was still open, the blinds were obviously open too.

I walked towards the window, the wind was pretty strong. Halfway through closing the window a leaf hit my face. "Aah~" I shut my eyes and wiped my face. I closed the window and the blinds completely, and turned around.

"Nice underwear." I flinched and put my arms in a fighting position. "Calm down, it's just me." I quickly put my pants on. He tilted his head and stared at me for a couple seconds.

"How did you get in here?!" I exclaimed, "It's basically impossible getting in here without the guards spotting you."

"It wasn't that hard to be honest." The silence was too loud. I didn't know what to say.

"Well, I'll tell my parents about this so that they can-" He covered my mouth with his hand mid sentence.

"That won't be necessary." I raised my eyebrows. I stayed silent. I wonder what was under that mask, will I ever see?