Chapter 5

I have been hanging out with Clay for almost a month now. We've been making so many memories together. For the first time in a while I've actually felt motivated. My admiration for his appearance grew each second. But it was not jealousy, I didn't want to be him, I wanted to have him. Each time I saw him I felt a knot form inside my stomach.

If I wanted to, I could picture my whole life with him even though I only met him a month ago. Something inside of me told me to confess to him. But I don't know if it would be kind of weird, since we met so short ago.

We were both lying on the ground, we were dead silent, but the thoughts inside my brain were yelling. Would everything get better if i just confessed to him? Would the torture stop?

"Hey George, do you have a girlfriend?" Clay asked unexpectedly, "I wouldn't be surprised if you did. Look at you, handsome, kind, pretty, cute-" he stopped himself.

His words made me smile. "I-I don't." Are things finally going the way I want them to?

"Good to know."  My fingers started tingling because of my nervousness. WHAT?

"Uh-uh yeah, what's your point with this?" I looked at him, "Clay?"

"Want to know a secret, George?" He slid his mask to the side, revealing an emerald-green eye and a bushy eyebrow. His eye stared into my soul. My hands started sweating.

"S-sure." I widened my eyes, waiting for a response. We both stayed quiet for a moment.

"Would you ever get to hate me, George?" His voice was now calm but serious. "Would there be anything I could do to get you to hate me?"

"No... I guess, depends." His hand reached for mine, I felt his warm skin caress mine. Is it actually gonna happen?

"George, my admiration for you has grown so much in these past months, I know I may seem mysterious and a mess. But I promise I'm not, you make everything in life make sense. You keep me going." Oh. I gripped his hand a little harder.

"Clay, is this a prank?" I felt weird, the grass suddenly became more uncomfortable, and I could notice the rocks in the grass. I felt almost as if this was a sign that something was going wrong.

But sometimes you can choose to ignore the signs. "No, it's not. I mean, I don't even know if you like...boys. I also don't know what your parents would say about this."

"No- my parents don't matter right now." I said, my words made Clay smirk. I couldn't think of anything to say.

He placed his mask correctly back on. He stood up, "I gotta go, but I'll be waiting for your response." He walked away slowly and disappeared into the bushes and the trees. I wonder where he lives.