Chapter 3: An Amazon Protest, Meeting The Tribe and Sydney Lays Down the Law

"What the fuck!" Nyx says in anger as Sydney is telling the Amazons what she is going to do. "After what that little bitch did to us, you're just going to let her into our tribe!"

"Yeah, queen!" Dre says, pissed off. "That ain't right! Look at us! Nyx has a black eye, Rena's jaw is messed up, Skye is back in our dorm room nursing two broken ribs, Nixie's nose is busted, and the rest of us had to get stitches, and you want this kid to join us!"

"This is bullshit, queen!" Lexi yells.

"I have my reasons," Sydney says

"They better be good ones!" Sofi says seriously.

"Yeah, queen!" Nixie says. "We want to hear these reasons!"

Sydney looks at Cyane, and Cyane says, "I haven't told them yet; this is all you, Sydney."

Sydney looks at the amazons who are there and says, "She fights like us; you all fought her."

"She fights dirty," Sofi says.

"She fights old school amazon," Sydney says. "You saw her with a staff; she knows all the techniques."

"No, that was just luck on her part," Dre says. "Queen, what are you getting at? I just texted Skye about what you are going to do, and she is beyond pissed."

"Queen!" Rena says with a clenched jaw. "This kid is dangerous! Give us one good reason why you are letting her join us!"

Sydney takes a huge breath, then adamantly says, "I believe she is a reincarnated amazon warrior from a past ancient tribe."

All the amazons give Sydney a strange look, and Nyx says, "No! That can't be right! I mean Xena, Gabrielle, you and that idiot Joxer, yes, but this kid! Hell naw!!"

"I realize how pissed all of you are right now, but please, go with me on this," Sydney says.

"How sure are you about this?" Sofi asks seriously.

"99.9% sure," Sydney says. "She will be my responsibility. I want to train and watch her. I'm also going to go through all the books of Artemis to figure out who she may be?"

"What if she starts shit?" Rena asks.

"I will handle her," Sydney says. "All I ask is that all of you stay quiet about what I just told you and not form a retaliation against her."

"And what if she isn't who you say she is, then what?" Lexi asks.

"I will deal with it," Sydney says. "Listen, I talked to this kid earlier today; she's had it rough her whole life. If I can help her, I will. But one thing I know in my soul, she is a reincarnate from a past tribe. Who I don't know, but I will figure this out." The tribe looks around with conflicting emotions on their faces. "Sisters, think of this as doing good for someone who is lost. That is our purpose, right, to help the greater good, even those who are lost. Now, do I have your blessings on this, sisters?" Sydney says, putting her arm out in solidarity.

Lexi first gets up and puts her arm out, and says, "I'm going against my better judgment on this, but you have my blessing."

Dre then walks up to them, puts out her hand, and says, "I will talk to Skye and explain to her what you are doing. I don't know how she'll feel about this, but she will contact you. This is some crazy shit, but I will go along with this."

Rena walks up to the group, puts out her arm, and says, "If you feel that you can help this kid, you've got my blessing. I don't like this, but I'll go with it."

Sofi walks up to the group, puts out her arm, and says, "You have my blessing, as long as it will help this kid."

Nixie walks up, puts her arm out, and says, "If you say this kid is who you say she is, you have my blessing. I will honor what you are about to do, with caution, though."