Chapter 1: The News

"Ryan. I need to tell you something." my mom says through the door of my room.

"What?"

My mom walks in with a smile on her face. "A few years after your father and I broke up, I started hanging out with a man who was visiting our country from England with his son."

"Yeah?"

"And we kinda started dating."

"That's your news?"

"No I'm not finished. Well the other day, he asked me to marry him."

"Oh." My mom was 32 years old but looked young for her age. She has a heart shaped face, like me, with long brunette hair and not a single wrinkle on her skin. I am 17. So yes, my mom was only 15 when she had me, but it was her choice. Since my mom is so young, we get along better. So it works for everyone. My mom never married my dad, and they broke up when I was 7. Then my mom started going out with this mystery guy when I was 12 that I had never met, and now their getting married apparently.

"And I said yes."

"Oh. So am I actually going to be able to meet him and his family now or are you going to marry him and plan on me never meeting him?"

"Well I guess you can meet him now." she said with a smile. "I'll call him and invite them over."

"Okay."

My mom skips out of my room and goes to check on my three year old sister, Addison.

Well I guess I better get dressed. I wouldn't want to scare my new dad off with my hideous morning look.

I walk to my bathroom and take a shower. When I get out, I comb and blow-dry my hair. Then I get out my curling iron and curl it. What to wear...hmm...okay it's the middle of the summer so how bout some short-shorts and a loose tank top. Cute.

I walk over and put my iPod on shuffle. My Humps by The Black Eyed Peas comes on. It's like my favorite song. I turn it up so that it's really loud. I'm looking in the mirror at the master piece that is myself when someone knocks on my door.

"Come in." I yell over the music.

"Umm hello love are you Ryan?" says a deep British accent that seems oh so familiar.

"Yes I a-" Oh. My. God. OH MY GOD. "Umm erm your Harry Styles." I squeak out.

"Yes. And your Ryan?"

"Yes."

"Well I guess I better start calling you sis, right?"

"Sure." I say. Then I realize that My Humps is still blaring through the speakers. I grab my stress ball off my desk and chuck it at my iHome, perfectly hitting the pause button.

"Wow, nice aim."

"Thanks. So since our parents are getting married...does that mean we're going to live together?"

"Yeah, I guess."

"Oh." I sit down at my desk and start playing with my hair, twirling it around my finger. There were so many more questions I wanted to ask. Are the other four boys from the band going to live close by? Will I get to meet the other boys? Will they like me?

"Are you okay? You look sick." Harry asks, concerned.

"Yeah. Yeah I'm fine. Would you like to meet Addison?"

"Sure." he says and I lead him to Addison's room.

"Sissy!" yells Addison.

"Hi Adi! Did you have a good nap?" I ask, automatically going into awesome sister mode.