« nine »

With his head down and earbuds in his ears, Doyoung dragged his feet along the ground towards the pharmacy. He couldn't help but feel mixed emotions about visiting Taeil's house. The excitement came as inner sunshine to brighten his eyes and soul. Yet, there was still that sense of doubt. What if Taeil's parents didn't like him? What if he made a mistake? What if he made a fool out of himself? These thoughts invaded Doyoung's mind as he continued walking. Anxiety took control as Doyoung started panicking. His breathing was quick and sharp as he sped up his pace. He shook away his thoughts before entering the pharmacy with a bright smile.

"Oh, hi! You came back quicker than expected."

"It's to give you this." he took out the sheet and handed it to her.

"Oh, you're a regular here, aren't you?" she asked, raising her eyebrow and turning away from him.

He replied with a smile. "Yes. How'd you know? You seem to be new here."

"My colleague told me. He's the one who normally gave you the medicine, right?" she walked to the counter and placed the bottle of pills in a bag before pushing it gently along the counter towards Doyoung. He smiled in response as he took the bag. He paid her the amount necessary and placed the bottle in his bag.

"Just thought I'd remind you to be careful with how many you take. Benzodiazepine can be addictive if you take it too frequently," she warned him.

"Don't worry, I don't have them often," he lied. "They keep going out of date or I lose the pills since I rarely use them."

She chuckled. "Ok, then. Stay safe!"

"Thank you. Bye!" he bowed and waved before leaving the store.

He began his lonely yet amicable walk to his house. He would occasionally hear the wind howl, making his whole body get goosebumps. His ears and face froze and he started shivering as the cold started hitting him. As he continued walking, his thoughts went back to what happened that morning. Taeil's gentle hands cupped his icy face whilst looking at him in the most adoring way. The way Taeil placed his arm around Doyoung's waist and made the taller male go crazy on the inside. Those small yet comforting touches made the male start craving it more. The touch was just too addictive.

He unlocked the door and was first greeted by the warmth, then the bright light that contrasted with the outside. He took a deep breath before rushing up the stairs to get changed. He stayed in his room, fixing his bag for the next day, completing assignments and other pieces of work before flopping on the bed with his phone in his hand. He briefly scrolled through the text messages in their group chat. It was mainly filled with messages that went like this:

u guys look like a couple!

YOU'RE SO CUTE OMG

when did y'all start dating?

when's the wedding y'all

am I invited-

no funny business k-

AYO GET ME SUM GRANDBABIES 😘

don't have TOO much fun... YET 😏😏😏