𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗: 𝐔𝐍𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐆𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐀𝐁𝐋𝐄

𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐆𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆: This chapter contains sensitive and/or mature topics. Please read with caution.
· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

  This week had been a crazy one at work for Cheryl. She was stressed beyond belief and she found herself praising the skies when five o'clock came on Friday.

  By the time she reached her apartment, her braid had become an unruly mess, her makeup was smudged, her outfit wrinkled, and she was ready to sleep for the next week.

  "Ah, Cheryl, finally! I heard you coming," Betty opened the door to their apartment, dressed in a unicorn onesie. Cheryl couldn't help but laugh.

  "What are you wearing?" Cheryl smiled as she dropped her purse on the kitchen counter.

  "The comfiest thing on the planet while simultaneously living out my dream of being a unicorn. Yours is on your bed."

  "My what?" Cheryl cocked an eyebrow as she undid her braid, wavy strands of hair framing her face.

  "Your onesie! I know you've been stressed at work lately, so I've planned a relaxing night. And before you protest, I've hardly seen you lately so... please?"

  "Okay, deal, but I'm going to bed early. I need some beauty sleep," Cheryl smirked and walked toward her bedroom.

  Betty pulled the bottle of rosé out of the fridge and poured them each a generous glass, then dialed the number for their favorite pizza place.

  A moment later, Cheryl padded out of her bedroom clad in a black onesie. "You got a unicorn and gave me a skeleton?"

  "Oh, I know you love all that emo shit," Betty laughed as she handed Cheryl a very full glass of rosé.

  Cheryl smirked. "Okay, so what's on the agenda tonight?"

  "Lots of rosé, pizza's ordered. Binge watch something amazing on Netflix?"

  "Perfect," Cheryl took a gulp of rosé. "Where's Ron tonight?" Cheryl padded into the living room and pulled the hood off her head.

  "Probably sitting at home, thinking of me," Betty smirked as she sat next to Cheryl on the couch, curling her feet underneath her. "We do have seperate lives, you know."

  "Since when?" Cheryl grabbed the remote for the Apple TV off the table in front of them and placed her glass of rosé on a coaster.

  "Ha ha," Betty emphasized the words and rolled her eyes at Cheryl. "What do you feel like watching?"

  "The Office? Or Stranger Things? Oh, how about The Vampire Diaries? I could really use some Nina Dobrev in my life."

  "We've seen all of these a million time. Are you sure you don't want to watch something we've never seen before?" Betty smiled as she took a sip of her rosé.

  "The Vampire Diaries from the beginning!" Cheryl demanded playfully, pointing at the TV.

  ~~~

  Saturday morning - eleven forty-nine in the morning was still, technically, morning. Cheryl rolled out of bed feeling refreshed and happy. She padded out on her bedroom, still clad in her skeleton onesie, and smiled when she saw a full pot of coffee waiting for her. On the counter was a hand-written note next to her favorite mug.

  Good morning, Cher,

  Enjoy the coffee. Out for an early morning run with Ron. I'll be spending the night at her place so take the empty apartment to your advantage!