𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍: 𝐁.𝐒.

𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐆𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆: This chapter contains sensitive and/or mature topics. Please read with caution.
· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

"I'm sorry," Toni said as she intertwined her fingers with hers. "I know that's probably shitty timing, but I had to be honest with you about my feelings." She stretched her fingers and rolled the pads of his fingertips against Cheryl's hand.

Cheryl nodded against Toni's chest. "Okay," she murmured.

"You don't have to say it back."

They were both silent for a long time, Toni's hand tangled in Cheryl's hair, the sound of the traffic outside mixing with the quiet beat of Cheryl's playlist filling the room.

Toni would've assumed Cheryl was asleep if it wasn't for the faint tickle of her forefinger tracing the skin of her stomach, her touch feather light. She listened to Cheryl's breathing, the steady motion of her back in sync with her breaths.

The song switched and Toni began to hum along quietly, brushing through Cheryl's hair with her fingers before faintly singing along. "And I'll make you okay, and drive them away: the images stuck in your head..." she murmured along until the song switched again to something unknown.

"Toni?" Cheryl whispered suddenly.

"Yeah?"

"I'm falling in love with you, too."

~~~

Cheryl waited for her coffee to finish brewing into the glass container as she mashed some bananas in a large bowl, pop music streaming into the kitchen. She was wearing the shirt Toni had shown up in last night, a pair of fuzzy slippers on her feet, her legs bare.

"Ooh, boy, I love you so - never ever ever gonna let you go," Cheryl sang along to the radio, opening the fridge door. She splashed some milk into her coffee mug and then into the bowl with the bananas. She followed with a spoonful of sugar into the coffee mug, then just a half-spoonful more, before dropping the spoon lightly in the sink and digging her measuring cups out of a drawer.

As the song changed, Cheryl took a sip of her coffee and added the last of the ingredients into the bowl, stirring vigorously. She glanced at the oven, cursing softly to herself as she noticed she had forgotten to preheat the oven. She sighed, setting the oven to 350° and then turned on her heel to get the bag of walnuts and a bread pan from the cupboard beside her.

She poured the mixed ingredients into the bread pan and took a handful of walnuts, decorating the top just in time for the oven to beep, letting her know the temperature was reached.

"Is there coffee?" a voice came from behind her.

"No!" Cheryl turned around, sighing, as Toni shifted, shirtless and hair in disarray.

She frowned. "No coffee?"

"Yes, of course there's coffee," a smile played on the corners of her mouth. "I was just going to surprise you with coffee and banana bread in bed."

"Banana bread is my favorite," she smiled, padding over to where she was standing. "But it looks like it's still a mess of ingredients and not bread in the slightest." She placed a kiss behind her ear, curling her arms around her waist and pressing herself flush into the back of her.

Cheryl giggled and grasped each end of the bread pan, bending to push it into the oven. There was a moan from behind her and an involuntary buck of Toni's hips. "How long does banana bread take to bake?" she whispered hoarsely into her ear, her lips touching the base of her neck ever so slightly.