A Darkner Lulluby (Don't forget)

Just a little bonus since I haven't updated this book in a while. Consider this a mini chapter in between the events of 3 and 4 for now

The eternal darkness of Ultra Space that covered the Dark World made it difficult for someone inexperienced to tell the time of day. Yet those who had lived since the time Necromza shared it's light could easily tell you just by looking at the blackness "If the sky is darker than usual it's night, if it's a little lighter, it's day".

The cozy little town of Castle Town, which sat on the outskirts of the ruined Capital of the once beautiful Dark Kingdom, the ruins now having been overrun by wild Pokémon and Ultra Beasts, was quiet as it's residents had gone off to sleep. Within the walls of the town's makeshift Pokemon Center, run by a kind old Darkner Boss Monster by the name of Litore, the lights were still on.

Malarie, the only Lightner Human resident of the town, found herself unable to sleep. After some tossing and turning in her bed, she decides to get up and go into the Living Room where Litore was currently. Even though their house was the upstairs part of the Pokemon Center, it didn't bother the small family one bit.

Poipoi!

Poiple alerted Litore to Malarie's presence as she walked into the small room.

"Can't sleep dear?"

She nodded.

"Why don't I sing you a little lullaby. Maybe that will help."

"I don't know about that." Malarie yawned, talking a seat in Litore's lap as she sat down at the piano on the other side of the room. Cracking her hands, Litore placed her fingers on the keys.

"This, my dear, is an old Darkner Lulluby. It was written sometime after this world lost it's light and my parents used to sing this to me when I was little."

     When the light is running low
And the shadows start to grow

Memories came flooding back as she played. Memories of the days when the Dark World was once a bustling kingdom (which wasn't that long ago).

And the places that you know
Seem like fantasy

She remembered that day when the prince taught his adoptive Darkner Human brother the melody.

There's a light inside your soul
That's still shining in the dark

Ralsei's grin as he got Rhod to sing along with him. It went from simple hums to full on singing as she played the piano for them.

With the truth
The promise in our hearts

How she would sing it for them as they went to bed. Oh how much she missed those days.....

Don't forget
I'm with you in the Dark

By the time Litore had finished, Malarie had already fallen asleep in her lap. Slowly, Litore lifted the little girl into her arms and carried her back to her bedroom. When she was finally tucked in with her sleeping Ralts and Pichu, Litore kissed her forehead.

"Remember, I will always be with you in the dark if you need me my dear." She told her, before closing the door.