14

Breakfast was its typical quiet affair. Coffee was in short supply so it was a Sunday morning treat. This morning I'd opted for tea and toast. My tummy queasy with tension, I was scared that Nick was going to say Rom was dead. I was terrified he was going to say she was alive and in pain."

"Morning Nick, Connie. Sleep well?" D snickered. We'd quickly moved to the Cavern last night due to their activities.

"Wait till you find your mate," Nick says kissing the back of Connie's neck.

"Well, Mark and Monica aren't that loud," D responds, looking at us.

"Sound guards", Mark coughs into his tea.

"What?" Nan asks, setting down ham and eggs.

"Monica discovered that when we were, um, intimate." My face was tomato red as was Mark's. "Her magic masked our sounds." He quickly dug into his food, hoping to stave off more questions.

"Run that by me again?" Nan says plopping down at the table.

"Nope." I do not want to discuss this topic. The kids will be in any moment as will Nell with Jordan.

"Can you put up sound guards for the rest of us?" Connie asks between bites.

"I could try. But what if we are attacked?"

"Don't you have any books on how to use your powers?" I feel as if I'm back in school.

"No, I have a few but most I'm not comfortable with using. I have no idea what I'm doing."

"Do you meditate?" Nell just entered with Jordan and the squad. Craig brings up the rear, the morning training must have gone well. No blood, just bruises, and sweat.

"I checked on our guest. He's still out." Craig says swiping a piece of toast from Nick.

Nick growls but Nan cuffs his head, "Manners matter. There is plenty more where that came from." She shakes a finger at Craig who studiously ignores her.

"Remember that movie?" Nan snaps her fingers as if that will jog her memory. "The one where the gal mediates and gets guidance from the beyond."

"You mean like 'Ghost'?" D asks. We all turn to him, Nell looks like she wants to slap him.

"NO, what the??? 'Ghost' was about a guy trying to save his wife from a dangerous banker. No this was the one about the girl who mediated to seek answers, she was a seer or medium or something." I know Nell is trying to help but I was no seer or medium.

"You're right, you're a Witch. But that doesn't mean you don't have the ability to contact the other realms. Maybe one of them can assist you or at least point you in a direction." Connie is so calm and cool about all this. The rest of us are still nervous about what we have become. Each new piece of knowledge seems to shake us less but shake us nonetheless.

"Wait, how did you know?"

"Honey you spoke it." Mark kisses my cheek as I light up like a light bulb.

"Just try it. What do you have to lose?" Craig popped in his last bite.

"We have put off the expansion of the cabin long enough. It's time to get that done." We all knew that we were just postponing the questions we all dreaded the answers to.

"Alright, I'm going to check on our patient then I'll be out." I moved towards the door.

"Nope, you're going to stay in the clinic and meditate. We need to know the scope of your abilities." Mark's hug and kiss soothed me somewhat but I was still scared. With everyone's "Good Luck", ringing in my ears I headed off to meditate on my powers.