Chapter 4

It was only the first week in office for Schlatt and he already felt like he got some good work done. The first thing he had gone and done the day after the election made sure he had everyone where he wanted them (as in who works for him and such). When that was done he began making a list of buildings and such that he wanted to be torn down. Then he went on to rename L'Manber to Manberg, which many people didn't take too well, even Quackity was left confused...

"Ladies and Gentlemen, of this great nation; I come to you on a GREAT DAY! It's only the second Minecraft day- the first- earth day of my reign over this great nation, and we have totally, completely, and utterly, removed all walls. The cage that has held back the citizens of this great nation- has been, well, removed. The country has been uncaged. And you know what? Do you know what I'm feeling? Enough of this... living in the past. No walls, no ah, spaceships, no Elton John houses, I say, I say fellas; I say we rename this country. No longer! No longer! No longer, will this country be called L'Manberg. I say that's rather out of date. No one uses apostrophes. I say effective immediately, our great nation is now, Manberg. MANBERG! What do you say about that fellas? Manberg! I like- I like men- I like men. This country will take no more L's!"

After he had made his second speech in the morning, it was clear people weren't happy with what he was doing. Many of them voiced that but he could care less about all of that. He was going to make this place better no matter what he had to do. He tore down the unnecessary wall and a few other buildings he deemed unnecessary. Quackity and Tubbo had been with him through all of it. Neither of them had much input on Schlatts decisions unless it was a random question on something they were confused about.

"Schlatt why are we changing the name? Doesn't this defeat the purpose of our election for L'manberg?" Quackity asked with a tilt of his head. He never quite understood what went through the older man's head.

"Quackity, my dear vice president, I already said why we were changing it during my speech this morning. Here at Manberg, we don't take L's," Schlatt responded with a smirk.

Schlatt could see Quackity shaking his head next to him and smiled. He wrapped his arm around Quackity as he continued to walk through Manberg, making sure everything looked good. Now that Schlatt had the walls removed everything looked much brighter and larger. It was nice to walk through Manberg now. Schlatt and Quackity both loved days like this, where everything was happy and calm. No fighting, no drama, and no random outburst from either man.

Eventually, Schlatt and Quackity went back to the office and left Tubbo to do whatever it was Tubbo did when he wasn't with them or working on Manberg. Being back in the office meant they had to do paperwork and both of them despised paperwork, no matter what it was on. Both men sat at their desks to get started on their work. From either side of the office, you could hear groans of misery. Schlatts paperwork was mostly approving of what was going on outside of their doors and Quackitys was mostly complaints of Schlatt.

Every so often both men would look up and smile at each other. It wasn't enough that if someone walked in they would notice, it was just enough for each other to notice. These actions have only started recently. Before the election then men weren't exactly what you would call close. They would talk about what they wanted for the election, sometimes they'd hang out and watch movies while having a few drinks, but the looks? The looks were something new and honestly? Neither of them were mad about it. They were soft and gentle. It was like two teenagers experiencing their first crush.

Most of the time they weren't too subtle about the way they would look at each other. In public others may have picked it up but no one said anything about it. Tubbo would notice when Quackity would sneak quick glances at Schlatt. Sometimes Fundy would see the random times that Schlatt would sling an arm over Quackitys shoulders or around his waist. Others would see the way that they would move closer to each other whenever they were together, or when they would randomly be touching each other (don't make it inappropriate you hoes). It was the little things that were noticed, but no one would ever say a thing.