Chapter 11 - Nightmare

Tessa's POV :

"I'm pregnant" I tell him holding his hands between my palms.

After a minute of processing, He speaks.

"You are what!?" he gets up from his seat. His ears and cheeks are red. I did not expect him to shout when I tell him this. Who am I kidding? It's Hardin. I shouldn't have done this in a public place.

"Hardin, sit down. You don't have to make a scene." I ask him calmly.

"What the fuck Tessa?" He lowers his voice and clears his throat. "Is this a joke? Are you- Are you-?" He points at my belly.

"Yes." I reply pushing his finger back to him.

"Are you sure? You are like pregnant? you have a baby in you?"

"Yeah" I reply. He's all uncomfortable and shocked.

"That means I am pregnant?" he asks

"What?" I want to laugh but I don't. I wish I could have recorded this.

"Fuck I meant- I meant- is it mine? It's mine?" He stammers and pushes his hair back in the sexy way he does when he's tensed.

"Yes. What are you even asking? You know I would never-"

"Tess- I'm sorry. I don't know what I am saying or thinking. I'm just processing.." he covers his face with his hands.

The waiter brings our food "Hello ma'am, good evening again, here is your chicken pasta, and sir your-"

"Just shut the fuck up!" Hardin snaps at him and he steps back.

"I'm sorry, thank you. You can leave this here." I smile at the waiter apologizing.

It's been 10 minutes and Hardin has not spoken a word, not even looked at me. I keep eating my food, waiting for him to snap again.

"When did you- like know?" he finally speaks.

"Today. I took the tests today." My mouth was full with pasta.

"Are you sure that you are-?"

"Yes Hardin. You can't change the fact by asking again and again."

"Are you 100% sure?" he asks again,

"Yes. We do have to go to my gynec tomorrow to confirm" I reply. "Kimberly told me that I should see a doctor tomorrow itself. And she's right..I guess."

"You weren't on birth control?" he asks and I'm pretty sure the next table's man heard him.

"No. I didn't get time. Can you lower your voice?" I whisper.

"But we used a condom every fucking time." he bangs the table, his voice has lowered.

"Except when you came here" I remind him. It was indeed an intense night.

"Fuck, that was so careless" He sips wine straight from the bottle. "Tessa I'm- I'm not-"

"Can we talk about this later? Today was a very long day." I finish my food.

"Okay. I can crash in a hotel nearby." he takes out his cellphone.

"Why?" I hold his hand.

"Tessa" he sighs. "I can't- I can't go there after what happened."

"Don't be silly. I want you to come with me." I plead.

I wouldn't have actually asked him to come with me but this is a huge news and I know exactly what he would do, drink till he passes out. I don't want him to be drunk for our first appointment tomorrow.