Editors note

* The following is a publishing of a story posthumously of a self described adventurer, Mary O'Shea. The story is from her personal notes.  With permission granted by her estate.  She is widely beloved as well as ridiculed by others. This is widely contributed to the very un-lady like behavior of the main protagonist. Behavior not associated with ladies of the nineteenth century. It is widely debated whether any of these adventures actually took place. Several have been published. It is this editor's duty to note that their indeed was a Mary O'Shea, late daughter of Lieutenant John O'Shea, her father close confidant and friend of former president, Teddy Rosevelt also, one of the rare women allowed to join the Boston Chapter of the Gentleman's Geographical Exploration Society. It should also be noted that the frequent companion of Mrs. O'Shea, Preston Haile was also an existing person of note. He was the youngest son of the powerful New England manufacturing family. He is also noteworthy for filing for over three hundred patents on a wide variety of inventions.    Professor Martz was a well-respected expert on the North American Indian tribes.  Often used as a resource when discussing matters regarding Indians.  He was a professor of note at Harvard University. 

It is also my duty to note that no evidence has ever been brought forth of a lost underground city within the southwest of our United States.  Though I have discovered several accounts of damage from a large earthquake from the same period time as Mrs. O'Shea's account.  And articles from the time about Preston Haile demonstrating mining equipment prototypes for manufacture and sale.

We have chosen to republish Mrs. O'Shea's stories, not for their historical accuracy, but rather for their adventures and inventiveness.