Relaxation and Campfires

The morning sunrise was breathtaking.  Preston could not stop talking as we continued west upon the swift train.  The breath of steam issued from its never resting stack.  It was very early in the morning still.  I was scarcely awake, unlike my friend Preston.  Preston was dressed for are impending meeting with Professor Martz.  He wore a new, dark blue tailored suit made in Boston.  He wore a cream colored vest with golden embroidery.  He also carried a Colt Navy revolver within an intricate shoulder holster he had made from one of his designs.  He wore a dark blue felt derby hat, apparently the latest style.  Though not of this part of the country.  He did not wear his glasses today.  I found he only wore his glasses when doing reading or when working at his drafting table upon one of his numerous plans for his inventions.
Preston was tall, thin and handsome.  He was almost feminine in his build and features.  Some of his blond hair peaked out from the brim of his hat.  He wore a golden monacle though it was retracted and facing upwards so you could see his light blue eyes clearly.  His shoulder holster also contained  fine gears and small water capsules upon its design.  Though for what purpose I did not know.
     Even though I was scarcely awake.  I had made sure to dress early knowing my friends excitement.  I wore a high cut dress with frills in the front which tapered longer in the back. It was black with cream lace.  It showed more leg than was respectable,  but it was not a concern I worried over.  I wore black corset.  I also wore a shoulder harness for a pair of colt revolvers.  I carried Breaker, my rifle across my lap.  I didn't say much as Preston continued to talk about our day. 
     I was far less excited about our trip.  We were meeting a professor, Preston had become a friend of even while being one of his sharper students.  We were to meet him in Virginia City, Nevada.  From there we will travel to Austin, Nevada and eventually toquima cave and another cave.  It all sounded rather dusty and dark, but Preston seemed rather excited so I didn't want to rain on his adventure. He must have sensed my hesitation, he kept reminding me of starry nights, campfires, and relaxation.