Chapter Two - Blind Date

With my hair dripping I walked towards my dresser.

My playlist that was on shuffle was now playing "Someday" by Micheal Learns To Rock. One of my favourites.

I had started "living on my own" last June. My parents weren't too happy with my life choices - especially my smoking and occasional drinking and the obvious smoking up.

I am a free spirit.

The last year I was with them I had only smoked up and had alcohol twice that year. The smoking was more frequent but my dad wouldn't take it.

One time we had a huge fight where in he asked me to leave 'his home', so as soon as I could, I gathered a steady job (thanks to the recommendation of my ex college professor) and things just achingly slowly but now that I look back, smoothly worked out from there.

I'm blessed.

Yes I don't earn enough to own my place, right now.

Lipsing to the music I slipped into my good underwear - not looking to hook up tonight, but hey, you can't ever be too prepared- I wore a black lacy pair of lingerie. It now took a little effort but I ultimately got into it and worked the hooks.

I was staying with one of my college best friends.

Yes we had a thing for a little bit - he wanted to be in an open relationship with me and a couple of other girls but when I came to know of it, that he was already in a open relationship with a couple or more girls and then wanted to be with me too?

It was messy but I somehow brainwashed him into being into a monogamous relationship with one. As it turned out he realised his heart cried out for his high-school sweetheart and tried to give it another shot. Within the first few weeks of getting back with Parul - the one he wanted to be monogamous with but some events that happened made them both bitter - he felt he couldn't be happier.

They realised they were the ones for each other - giving it this one more try - and that now that they were back they would never leave each other.

I was there, too, supporting both of them, somehow me telling him that I'm rooting for him to be in a happy monogamous relationship encouraged them as they were already meaning to never stop trying to be with each other.

In simple words : through our friendship he could finally face his realisation that he was meant to love her and that he lives to be loved by her.

He then quickly stepped back from all the other girls and cleaned up the mess that was created by not just dating but being in multiple relationships because of the broken concept of love he started leaning into once they seemingly parted their ways.

But now they were together, happily married, with a baby boy, an infamt of 11 months of age.

Parul is on a maternity leave for a year or two - she's an art collector - working for a major art agency and Sameer is a musician by profession.

It was Parul who set me on this date, its been five months that I'd been living with them. Yes, I pay rent but they were kind enough to wave off a few k's from the original price.

I put on my lavander/lilac silk dress and I worked my make up as I thought about how I got this date.